LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Finally...track times

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by marshall93z
I don't think it was bad at all for shakedown passes. With a terrible 60ft, heavy wheels, stock TB, yada yada yada.
I went 118.3mph with all of those excuses with heads that only flowed 240cfm my 1st time out with that combo...
Old 10-30-2007, 11:24 PM

What have you went now?

And FTR, I don't remember saying his mph was "fudge king AWESOME", just that it was pretty good.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by mdacton
no not bad......I meant it in a way that It has more left in it
Yes it does. I intend find out just how much for sure, rest assured

BTW, mdacton, the heads I bought from you are working quite well on an otherwise "cam only" LT1 (not my car) That car has already made a fool of a local "cobra" owner

Last edited by Colin91Z; 10-30-2007 at 11:56 PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by marshall93z
What have you went now?

And FTR, I don't remember saying his mph was "fudge king AWESOME", just that it was pretty good.
I'll let you know in a month or 2 when i get back together, tuned, and back to the track...
Old 10-30-2007, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
I went 118.3mph with all of those excuses with heads that only flowed 240cfm my 1st time out with that combo...
Excuses? Hey I said what it was up front, I hardly think that qualifys for excuses. If I were to out mph you with locally hand ported heads (not to mention my heads are 561 castings...with 197cc intake runners), what does that say?...

Even so, I'm curious to what your new combo does. I bet it does well

Oh and you went 118.3...at Florida altitude...would you have got better than 116 in Kansas??? doubt it......

I'm not meaning to be a smart ****...just pointing the alltitude difference

Last edited by Colin91Z; 10-31-2007 at 12:07 PM.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Colin91Z
Excuses? Hey I said what it was up front, I hardly think that qualifys for excuses. If I were to out mph you with locally hand ported heads (not to mention my heads are 561 castings...with 197cc intake runners), what does that say?...

Even so, I'm curious to what your new combo does. I bet it does well

Oh and you went 118.3...at Florida altitude...would you get better than 116 in Kansas??? doubt it......

I'm not meaning to be a smart ****...just pointing the alltitude difference
And what about the heat and humidity difference? And my heads were hand ported and only flowed 240cfm so it's not like they were even halfway decent.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:35 AM

And what about the heat and humidity difference? And my heads were hand ported and only flowed 240cfm so it's not like they were even halfway decent.
No way to tell for sure....too many variables. But I assure you that our cars probably perform very close. I could wait till this summer when I'll be in panama city for vacation with my family again.....then we could find out.......thats 18 hours from home for me...are you willing to meet up to find out?
Old 10-31-2007, 09:44 AM
Banned

Yes it does. I intend find out just how much for sure, rest assured

BTW, mdacton, the heads I bought from you are working quite well on an otherwise "cam only" LT1 (not my car) That car has already made a fool of a local "cobra" owner
FYI I went 119mph on those exact heads. I was using the same sporings too just an older set.

I think I set them up a little stiffer than what I had. So I think you can get alot more out of it.

If you really want those heads to make power let me know, I can get you 120 mph
Old 10-31-2007, 10:01 AM

FYI I went 119mph on those exact heads. I was using the same sporings too just an older set.

I think I set them up a little stiffer than what I had. So I think you can get alot more out of it.

If you really want those heads to make power let me know, I can get you 120 mph
Dang you really know how to make these cars move on stock heads!

I paired those heads that I got from you with a Joe O cam (226/234@.050, .568/.568, 110lsa) in a 6-speed car thats daily driven. It's fairly quick for what it is. Not sure just how quick though...it hasn't been to the track yet.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:13 AM

Seems like you like picking apart other peoples set-ups. Even if there new ones or shake down runs. I thought this site was for helping and encouraging people?
Old 10-31-2007, 10:34 AM
Banned

Dang you really know how to make these cars move on stock heads!
Its not so much making them work on stock heads...but getting all the power you have to the ground and making the car work. Suspension is a big key.

But get it as efficient with the power you have, its not all about "400+ rwhp" thing.....horsepower is worthless if you don't know what to do with it
Old 10-31-2007, 11:07 AM

Its not so much making them work on stock heads...but getting all the power you have to the ground and making the car work. Suspension is a big key.

But get it as efficient with the power you have, its not all about "400+ rwhp" thing.....horsepower is worthless if you don't know what to do with it
And with that said, if your looking to get the power to the ground, buy some quality DRs or slicks. You might get lucky and not have to spend alot on the suspension. If that doesn't work, choose your parts carefully. See what other guys have had luck with and maybe you will be able to keep the cost down.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Z-RATED94
And with that said, if your looking to get the power to the ground, buy some quality DRs or slicks. You might get lucky and not have to spend alot on the suspension. If that doesn't work, choose your parts carefully. See what other guys have had luck with and maybe you will be able to keep the cost down.
If he runs a DR and get a half a turn or so right of the line the car will run good. On that type car you don't always want a dead hook. When I had a car at that level...a dead hook would bogg the car down and kill the power.

With DR's and a spin or less off the line it would really move out....you have to find the sweet spot on where to leave at.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:34 AM

Apparently you know how to get to the ground very well I can't wait to see what the combo in your sig runs
Originally Posted by Z-RATED94
I've already done that, I've got M/T drag radials mounted on my original salad shooters in my garage, ready to bolt up for sunday's track visit Plus, I've got LCA relocation brackets on their way to me right now. Hopefully they show up before Sunday. Otherwise, the only suspension component thats still stock on my car is the torque arm. Everything else is UMI.
If he runs a DR and get a half a turn or so right of the line the car will run good. On that type car you don't always want a dead hook. When I had a car at that level...a dead hook would bogg the car down and kill the power.

With DR's and a spin or less off the line it would really move out....you have to find the sweet spot on where to leave at.
Plus if I dead hook...I might be sweeping whats left of my 10 bolt off of the track

Last edited by Colin91Z; 10-31-2007 at 11:37 AM.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:50 AM

Your right about your rearend. If I were you, I would start off with really high air pressure with the MTs. With no track prep and a hot air pressure setting of 24lbs. I still dead hook. But then again, I'm an auto.

Quick Reply: Finally...track times