LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Do strokers REALLY run quicker?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 08:24 AM

Originally posted by 2MCHPSI
Facts about what? LT1 heads not working well with a 383?? Man I guess everyone with those stock castings on stroked motors are poor suckers right?? Like I mentioned before, they might not be the very best out there which is common sense, but they sure as hell work very well witha good porter. The intakes are more of a flow problem. With Forced induction they work great also, until you push h.p. levels to worry about the deck, and that is over 650 RWHP area. Name calling, I really could care less if your feelings get hurt or not because your sounding like a jackass. This thread is ridiculous, and the crap spewed here by a few is laughable.

For anyone to assume you should not build a 383 because they have to use stock LT1 castings is retarded. I am posting this for any poor newb who reads this trash actually might think it is not a good idea.
Waaa waaa.

Lemme cry my eyes out over some BS at Camaroz28.com. I care who calls me names or WHAT names I'm called. So, don't flatter yourself about hurting my feelings there, bud.

I think the original statement about not going to a 383 was made by someone who made this decision for HIMSELF. Never did I see him say anyone SHOULD NOT build a 383 with stock castings. He simply said HE stuck with a solid 355 instead of stroking. I'll let his results speak for themselves; got quite impressive results out of his bolt-on car

Now, back to the name calling. I only point this out because it's so common on this board for people to call others names when they disagree or aren't right. Personally, I find it rather funny that such "smart" people have trouble coming up with something relevant or even remotely original; jackass? tard? Come one guys, if you're going to gloat about it, at least say something interesting.

Country po-dunk jackass signing out...
Old 06-04-2003, 08:35 AM
Banned

you really need to stop with the "stop calling me names" gig ok?

there is little to NO name calling first off.

second off, stop bringing phil into this. you are hurting his buisness. If i was a noob here, and i read about this guy phil saying that LT1 castings wont work on a 383 i wouldn't even concider him for my buisness.

You are talking way over your head here. Just because you guys get together and say the same erronious thing 100x doesn't make it any more incorrect.

How about you guys save the "ganging up" and "my state is better than your state (how ironic! south carolina declaring state supremecy!) for the lounge? mmmk?

I feel like i am arguing with a bunch of 12 year olds. Your ignornace flusters me and you dont have the mental capacitance to realize how ignorant you are. Your arguements are so far from the truth and so off target that we dont even know what the hell to say. And to anyone with 1/2 a brain that can will think rather than just accepting your words at face value will realize that.
Old 06-04-2003, 08:43 AM

LT1 heads wont flow enough for a 383. Even ported ones.
What part of this quote do you not understand??

I really feel sorry for Phil, and having a few come here in this post and start throwing his name around like this making claims, and I am sure Phil would not tell anyone to NOT use LT1 castings on an 383 because they did not flow well enough. I am sure he meant they do not flow the best out there, but this is what happens when the know nothing-know it alls in here takes things out of context.

I built a 590 RWHP 383 T/A IM240 emmisons legal through the cats with LT1 castings with stock idle quality.. It could hit 630RWHp removing the cats and race gas. Lt1 castings will work well, and I will repeat again, especially with forced induction up to a certain h.p. level.. N/A, they get damn good numbers also. I am not sure why you are even making/backing these ridiculous claims..

And quit crying about the name calling already and deal with it. LOL

Last edited by 2MCHPSI; 06-04-2003 at 09:06 AM.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:04 AM
Admin Emeritus

Angry

This site is not meant for ignorant garbage like this. It ends here and now. The next thread that comes as a result of this one will result in people getting banned.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:55 AM

Originally posted by JasonD
This site is not meant for ignorant garbage like this. It ends here and now. The next thread that comes as a result of this one will result in people getting banned.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:00 AM
Banned

Originally posted by JasonD
Old 06-04-2003, 10:01 AM
Admin Emeritus

You guys must think I was kidding.

I was not.