LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Delteq(Not a usual post)

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 10:23 PM

Delteq(Not a usual post)

Well I know there are tons of people with delteq posts on here and I searched and searched trying to find what I was looking for. I would like the manufacter to chime in as well. Lets make this a really informative post for everyone.

Delteq takes all the spark outta the opti spark which is mostly the main killers of the opti. You still need the optical part of the opti. Delteq is not a stand alone unit.

Here are my questions for current delteq customers.

My car is going to be a daily driver with a small cam and driven in all types of weather. I don't want to be fighting the car all the time.

How many people can give me a review on their delteq experience?

I see that delteq only has one year of warrenty which is standard with all optis. I can buy and replace 3 years of optis for the price of their kit.

Will the delteq ever be a stand alone solution for the lt1?

If so what all will I have to upgrade to make it compatable?

Im just trying to justify spending the money on this system compared to the opti. And if I do spend the money I don't want to have to put a whole lot more into it if they ever have a upgrade.

Just let me know your opnions on your delteq experience.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:10 PM
Administrator

Re: Delteq(Not a usual post)

The Stage 2 Delteq that completely eliminates the Opti has been "coming soon" for about 3 or 4 years now. I wouldn't count on it ever being available.
Old 09-30-2006, 06:51 PM

You can buy as many Opti units as you want and you'll still have problems with the car in the wet. If I drove mine throught a few inches of water it would die every time.

The change in my car since the Delteq was night and day and I would definately do it agian without a thought. Since installing it I never have to worry about the car flooding out in a down pour. I also bought a Delteq for my wife's 96 vert we just bought.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:24 PM

It's not the price of the opti, it's the hassle/labor of removing everything to get at it.

WHen you replace three optis, as I have, you realize that it's a typical consumable part, but it's located in the bowels of the engine. If replacing the cap for $40 or $50 every year was required, I could deal with that. But it turns into a $285 part and $300 in labor...
Old 10-01-2006, 12:26 AM

Happy Delteq owner here. Seen gains on the dyno and at the track. And have dyno graphs and time slips to prove it. http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...ghlight=delteq

But as I always suggest to folks. If you currently have opti problems. Replace the opti and get the delteq. Don't half *** a problem with a solution that might work.

So put in a new opti, and get the delteq with some good plug wires. And life is good.

My delteq is in my daily driven formula, and has been through all kinds of weather.

2 other friends of mine have switched to the delteq and have seen great results as well.

Mike
Old 10-02-2006, 11:57 PM

My delteq outperformed my crane HI-6R ignition and MSD coil setup. That was with the stock coils on the delteq. So I'd say do it. I'm curious to know how well it would do with some high output coils and an MSD DIS4 ignition box.

But of course, that costs more $$$
Old 10-03-2006, 12:58 AM

I would not waste the money...again

The Opti is just fine
Old 10-03-2006, 03:02 AM

Well thats only cuz you couldn't get yours to work, you can't compare an opti to a coil per cylinder setup, only thing about delteq is it still has long wires running around and it fires one piston on the compression stroke while the other on the exhaust all at the same time which isn't as good as LTCC which fires each cylinder idividual of the other.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:13 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by bunker
Well thats only cuz you couldn't get yours to work....
Which seems like a reasonable position. There is more than one report of people who were unable to get the Delteq system to work, even with Delteq's assistance, returned the system and were refunded their money.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:50 AM

Just doesn't make sense, though. I mean, a design like this either works, or it doesn't...

I bought mine used, ran like crap, talked with Delteq. They said it sounded like I had the wrong "optibox" signal converter, so they sent me the right one free of charge. My Delteq has ran perfectly ever since...