LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Cold air intake question

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 05:11 PM

Question Cold air intake question

My stock intake was broken and I need a new one. I wanted to get a k&n, slp, or moroso but I can't find one for $80 shipped and that is all of the money I have right now. I was wondering if you guys think this would be an ok intake for right now? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

I need opinions asap. Thanks.
Old 02-29-2004, 05:26 PM

I'd make my own before I bought that one... even better I'd just save up and get one of the ones you listed above...

I like the SLP...

I've had the K@N ...
Old 02-29-2004, 05:36 PM

I know but I need my car to be running asap. Because I need to get to work, and school.
Old 02-29-2004, 05:58 PM

i actually have the stock one i have no use for it, it has a K&N filter in it. make an offer i you wish. you could always get another stock one and then save up for a K&N or anyother good CAI.
the K&N is the best, in my opinion, never had any problems.
Old 02-29-2004, 06:12 PM

If I am going to spend money I just want to get a cold air.
Old 02-29-2004, 06:49 PM
Banned

Flexible dryer vent ducting, the aluminum kind, can be had at Home Depot (and other stores like that), in 3" & 4" sizes. I know, because I have both sizes on my shelf.

Over in the plumbing section you will see a wide variety of plastic fittings in white and black. They also have plastic pipe, if you don't like dryer vent ducting.
Don't use the glue though. You don't need it and you can never take it apart again. Coat the male end of whatever you are putting together with some white lithium grease. It'll give an even better seal than dry, and let you take it apart again, but it wont just fall apart.

If neither of the colors the plastic stuff comes in suits you, Krylon has a new paint called Fusion™, that is meant specifically for plastic. It bonds to it chemically, sort of the same way that PVC glue bonds plastic pipe to fittings.

A little further down that same shelf you'll find a variety of rubber fittings.
They, of course, are useful for joining things together, and many of them come with hose clamps already on them.

GM sells both the 1LE and the Vette TB bellows. That's the part that goes onto the throttle body itself. I know the vette part cost me fifty-something dollars.

Basically, if you buy a new GM bellows, by the time you are done buying the other stuff at home depot, plus a pizza and a six-pack, you should still have money left over from a hundred dollar bill.