LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

car wants to stall while cruising in neutral!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 12:32 PM

Angry car wants to stall while cruising in neutral!!!

my car has been acting kinda funny lately. ran PERFECT for like 1 day after header and x-pipe install. ever since its been getting worse. lack of power, hesitation..... the usual!! but within the last week or 2 if im cruising and put the car in neutral, the car wants to stall out!! the RPM's just drop all the way to like 400, then bounce right back up, and keeps doing it. but once i put it back in gear its fine. only does it with no load on the motor.... but sitting still at idle the car is fine

now i know most of you are going to say burnt wires, but they are fine! pretty much impossible for them to get burnt over the valve covers. what else could cause this?? im thinking maybe the opti boots are sitting on the opti correctly. i remember a rule of thumb is "2 CLICKS" when puting on the boots.... and i could only get most of them on with "1 CLICK" could the be a problem?? or would that even matter??

thanks for any help! i really appreciate it!
Old 07-20-2003, 01:13 PM

Re: car wants to stall while cruising in neutral!!!

Originally posted by 1995redZ28
my car has been acting kinda funny lately. ran PERFECT for like 1 day after header and x-pipe install. ever since its been getting worse. lack of power, hesitation..... the usual!! but within the last week or 2 if im cruising and put the car in neutral, the car wants to stall out!! the RPM's just drop all the way to like 400, then bounce right back up, and keeps doing it. but once i put it back in gear its fine. only does it with no load on the motor.... but sitting still at idle the car is fine

now i know most of you are going to say burnt wires, but they are fine! pretty much impossible for them to get burnt over the valve covers. what else could cause this?? im thinking maybe the opti boots are sitting on the opti correctly. i remember a rule of thumb is "2 CLICKS" when puting on the boots.... and i could only get most of them on with "1 CLICK" could the be a problem?? or would that even matter??

thanks for any help! i really appreciate it!
i had a similar prob while driving, it was my battery terminal, it was not on there tight...