LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

$30,000 dollars!!! What should I do???

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 05:53 PM

$30,000 dollars!!! What should I do???

....YEAH, talk about GOOD NEWS! To make a long story short today I got a letter in the mail. I have a check comming in 2 weeks for $30 G's and a life time income of $2200 a month {all tax free
I am TOTALLY ESTATIC!!! Anyway, Please Help! what should I do? I have a '94 Firebird, with a few mod's. I'm wondering if I should build it? or get a LS1 {Firebird} or buy a Vette? {LS1 Vette, coupe as I don't care for the other model}. What do you think? I was going to call today and order my Long Tubes from Jeg's {before the good news came} but now I'm wondering, Why bother with the LT1? I want something that is really fast on acceleration and also cornering. Thanks... Bill...

current mod's; No cats, home made C.A.I, Vette 9.5 x 17 rims with Khumos {275x40x17's}, De-screaned TB, T.B bi-pass & thats it...
Old 01-16-2004, 06:00 PM

If u dont have ur own house, there is a down payment. Invest most of it (about $20-25k), use some of rest for mod money, etc.
Just a few suggestions as to what I would do.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:04 PM

Hmmmm.......I have no clue. You can basically due whatever you want. You can build up your firebird or get a vette. Really the decisions up to you. I know....1.get a civic...2. add a big wing and as many graphics as you can find 3. Set the car o lets say 1/4 mile away from a huge thick brick wall 4. Grab a nice video camera 5. find a big a$$ rock 6. through the rock onto the accelerator 7. and last but o so nice film the whole 18 secs it takes for the POS to get down there and smash itself to pieces. Then edit it and play it for us cheerful f-body fans. Now thats how you can spend some of it....... SOUNDS GOOD TO ME!!!!
BTW congrates man
Old 01-16-2004, 06:04 PM

Originally posted by kgkern01
If u dont have ur own house, there is a down payment. Invest most of it (about $20-25k), use some of rest for mod money, etc.
Just a few suggestions as to what I would do.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:07 PM

kgkern, yes your advice is the most logical, sensiable thing to do. Butttt, I have a place to live free and am not one to save money.... Thanks you... Bill...
Old 01-16-2004, 06:16 PM

Put it in the bank A car isnt an investment.

Originally posted by billsbird
kgkern, yes your advice is the most logical, sensiable thing to do. Butttt, I have a place to live free and am not one to save money.... Thanks you... Bill...
Old 01-16-2004, 06:16 PM

im now accepting donations!! Go buy yourself a nice 1st gen and be done with it.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:22 PM

...you guys are so wise and sensable! I've been an irresponsiable car guy my whole life... Why change now??? Anyway, I think I should go with you guys advice and save some. Thanks ;0 Bill...
Old 01-16-2004, 06:26 PM

So, how does one get $30k+$2200 a month all tax free?
Old 01-16-2004, 06:26 PM

Wow, how the hell did u manage to do that. Take 5g's spend it on the car and then take the rest and invest. Then just spend the profits on your investment for long times to come. He He, thats how i do it. Dont spend all the profits though. But you can indulge yourself a little bit, but dont go blow it all away on a depreciating asset. The house thing was a good idea too. If i had to do it over again. I would have bought a modded car from the start and let the previous eat all the damn cost of mods. Anyway, thats my .02 -Michael
Old 01-16-2004, 06:28 PM
Banned

Do yourself a favor...

Invest half. That way you wont feel too bad about blowing the other half.

And BTW... $2,200/mo isn't much money. I know it SEEMS that way, but it isn't.

Have fun, but consider your decisions carefully.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:32 PM

i would have to a agree.. invest. one of my friends got 50k for an accident he was in. He was 18 at the time. blew every last penny of it within 3 month.. now he has nothing but a ****ty little house that he can barley afford. He could have had a nice house if he would have invested and let it chill for awhile.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:34 PM

....hummm, I'm blown away by how sensible you guys are! AND I should listen.... Oh, long story but I was in the Vietnam War and have P.T.S.D, so its a disability thing..... Bill...
Old 01-16-2004, 07:08 PM

let me put it this way. If you put it in a savings account you can double it in in 10 yrs triple it in less than 15. Honestly I would buy a really nice modded car which you can easily get for 15k then invest the rest and sell the lt1. Stock market is looking really well right now to. I know people are shakey when it come to that kind of stuff but I'm a busiess finance major and I'm starting to learn all the tricks of the trade. Some companies right now can easily double what you invest in stock in less than a year. But hey thats me. You do whatever makes ya happy. Just remember to spend it on stuff that makes ya money not looses it.
Old 01-16-2004, 07:13 PM

I have to agree with some of the others.............
Regardless how TOTALLY TEMPTED I would be to buy a vette.......... I say get a house first. Look at it this way... you will ALWAYS be able to get into a car payment... but it's not very often that you will have such a great downpayment for a house on hand. Don't let **** this chance away on a toy.

If I had it to do over again......... if I could go back I'd save all the money I'd spent on the cars and toys and I'd have invested in my home instead. Had it not been for the "toys" we've bought over the last 6 years and all the mods, my mortgage would be PAID OFF by now.

That's right, my house would be PAID FOR. And, the money I spend on a mortgage every month could be going on TOYS right now. Looking back on it, 6 years wouldn't have been that long to wait after all. At least I can blame it on being young and stupid!

Be wise.
Good luck.

Quick Reply: $30,000 dollars!!! What should I do???