LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

Lt Headers Decision: Which Would You Go With?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2002, 05:21 PM

You've got to be joking me. "Tuned" headers? You get a cam and your headers become inferior? This is the stupidest **** I have ever read on here. Almost as bad as the guy who thought his cobra had pushrods. Or the guy who swears he has an SLP Y pipe with Hookers.

You guys need to take what you read on the internet with a grain of salt. SOMEBODY out there, will always find a way to dog a great product.
Old 12-02-2002, 07:23 PM

personaly, if you get LT's spend as much as you can or as little. In other words go TTS or FLP's if you got 1200 or go jethot's, probably the cheaper priced LT's. I have always believed to stay away from the middle. Just remember, you will always have problems with LT's, b/c the ls1 was designed with shorties in mind, it will always be a pain to install compaired to shorties. FLP's do have problems, but as long as i have 1200 headers that don't drag the ground i would be happy. And i think the FLP's have corrected alot of their problems, such as banging and so on.
Old 12-02-2002, 09:07 PM

LMAO, this is some funny sh*t. I'll get right to the point, stay away from SLP's. All the rest are fine. Huckers....
Old 12-02-2002, 09:39 PM

someone please explain why slp's are so bad? thanx
Old 12-02-2002, 11:17 PM

Originally posted by U 8 Dusst
You've got to be joking me. "Tuned" headers? You get a cam and your headers become inferior? This is the stupidest **** I have ever read on here. Almost as bad as the guy who thought his cobra had pushrods. Or the guy who swears he has an SLP Y pipe with Hookers.

You guys need to take what you read on the internet with a grain of salt. SOMEBODY out there, will always find a way to dog a great product.
Well said, I couldn't agree more. the amount of absolute ignorance on this board amazes me sometimes.
Old 12-02-2002, 11:26 PM

Originally posted by My84Z
someone please explain why slp's are so bad? thanx
SLP's headers are not 'bad' at all.. sunsetws6 is just a fool. the worst I have heard about them is that they hang very low... outside of that.....nothing.
Old 12-02-2002, 11:48 PM

Originally posted by SunsetWS6
LMAO, this is some funny sh*t. I'll get right to the point, stay away from SLP's. All the rest are fine. Huckers....
Haha, oh please, make me laugh some more. ROFL

I really dont know what the hell to say to your mindless dribble about "tuned" headers, lmao.
Old 12-03-2002, 09:53 PM

Talking

Pleasssse just because you THINK you know doesn't mean anything. Wait maybe you've owned a 1998, 2000, 2001, & 2002 F-body & had FLP & SLP LT's plus a ton of other mods on your cars like me so you would know 1st hand. Oh that's right you haven't. 1 hucker has like 50 posts & the other ******* has nothing better to do. You 2 should get together for one of your humping sessions because it's clear you don't know about LT headers. SLP's hang down way too low, are a pain in the a$$ to install, & the power is down low, not top end. Stay away from them. Even if you don't listen to me just get anything else but them. SLP as a whole is a poor company.

Last edited by SunsetWS6; 12-03-2002 at 09:58 PM.
Old 12-04-2002, 01:26 AM

Pleasssse just because you THINK you know doesn't mean anything. Wait maybe you've owned a 1998, 2000, 2001, & 2002 F-body & had FLP & SLP LT's plus a ton of other mods on your cars like me so you would know 1st hand. Oh that's right you haven't. 1 hucker has like 50 posts & the other ******* has nothing better to do. You 2 should get together for one of your humping sessions because it's clear you don't know about LT headers. SLP's hang down way too low, are a pain in the a$$ to install, & the power is down low, not top end. Stay away from them. Even if you don't listen to me just get anything else but them. SLP as a whole is a poor company.
ROFLMAO. you just don't get it.
im tired of flaming on this post agains't your stupidity.
ohh and btw: number of posts obviously does not define factual knowledge, you are prime example.

Last edited by 2k2z28; 12-04-2002 at 01:28 AM.
Old 12-04-2002, 04:36 AM

I have hear a few guys complain about no hp gains with the slp's. The main reasone would probably be becuase they have more power under the power curve = better midrange power. All LT's have their advantages and disadvantages, just do like i said before, tts, flp's or jet hots.
Old 12-04-2002, 08:23 AM

Question Whats wrong with QTP LT Headers?

Whats wrong with the Quick Time Performance LT Headers? They don't have cats? So their not street legal?
Old 12-04-2002, 09:27 AM

Re: Whats wrong with QTP LT Headers?

Originally posted by Mystery Z28
Whats wrong with the Quick Time Performance LT Headers? They don't have cats? So their not street legal?
There is nothing wrong with them as a header. If you are worried about emissions then the QTP headers will not work right now. Catalytic converters are considered a required part for emissions in most states. So no cats no pass.

But there is hope. I found this in my search for a Ypipe since alot of people are copying the Grott headers.

http://www.stealthperf.com/ppc.htm

They say they are designed after the Grott headers as are the QTP's. They do offer a cat version ypipe. So if you really wanted to you could buy the headers from Barry at QTP because I know he'll take care of you, then buy the ypipe from these guys. It SHOULD fit, it would be a minor gamble.

Adam J
Old 12-04-2002, 07:16 PM

I have Slp's and i never heard of moving the motor to install them, and yeah they do hang low but ive never hit them and there are some nasty pot holes around here! And my car is lowered with the SLP level one suspension, so if your stock ride hight then there should be no problem at all.
Old 12-05-2002, 08:23 AM

...i am getting the new Jet Hot headers, they aren't expensive, and they get the job done... But about SLP I always heard mixed reactions... anywho, JetHot gets my vote.
Old 12-05-2002, 06:18 PM

Wow. I mean wow. This is some **** id expect to read on Clubsi.com, not here. "Tuned" headers rock!! LMFAO.

Quick Reply: Lt Headers Decision: Which Would You Go With?