LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

Lower control arm relocation bracket question

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 06:00 PM

Lower control arm relocation bracket question

just a quick question...A few months ago I installed BMR lower control arms/bolt-in relocation brackets. I noticed that there was a disclaimer that said that the relocation brackets won't work with aftermarket rearends, but I wasn't worried about it, because I had no intention of changing out my rearend in the new future. Well, a couple of months later, I did end up getting a Moser 12 bolt. The guy who installed my rearend said that there was no way he could set up the brackets with new rearend and they weren't compatible. So my question is...Are the weld-in BMR brackets compatible with aftermarket rearends (since the bolt-in ones aren't)?? At the Thunder Racing website, it says that the bolt-in ones won't work, but it doesn't say that about the weld-in ones. Anyways, my wheel hop was almost eliminated when I had the brackets on, but now with my new rear end and no brackets, I have horrible wheel hop again, even with the BMR control arms. So which brackets will work????
Old 02-28-2003, 06:06 PM

I'm not exactly sure which brackets do work, but I know they list it on the manufacturer's site.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/
http://www.globalwest.net/
http://www.spohn.net/

All make good quality parts, sore more pricey than the other.
Old 02-28-2003, 06:17 PM

Well, weld -on brackets should be compatible with anything since they're supposed to be welded on, just like the name says....
I don't see a problem in making the ones you already have fit...the bolts might not fit the way it is now, but it should be possible to modify them so they can be bolted and welded.
I'm thinking about getting me some as well, however I'm not sure if it improves anything on my 1.5" lowered almost stock Z28 ?????
If I get some I'm going to use bolts and weld them just to be on the safe side, might be overkill but better be sure nothing comes loose...
Old 02-28-2003, 07:06 PM

Thanks for the replies. I found exactly what I was looking for at Spohn. I already placed an order for the brackets.
Old 02-28-2003, 09:02 PM

whiteSS or any1, The wheel hop,is the sound of it like BAM in the rear.This morn. decided to break'em loose and about 4 ft. later Bam outa the rear.The pavement was uneven/heaved there,and it seems nothin wrong w/ the car.Thought I broke it by the sound.
T.
Old 02-28-2003, 09:37 PM

Originally posted by #7
whiteSS or any1, The wheel hop,is the sound of it like BAM in the rear.This morn. decided to break'em loose and about 4 ft. later Bam outa the rear.The pavement was uneven/heaved there,and it seems nothin wrong w/ the car.Thought I broke it by the sound.
T.

No, that's not wheel hop. You'll know exactly what wheel hop is when you experience it...the rear will rapidly hop up and down. Kinda hard to explain (at least for me) but like I said, you'll know it when it happens.