LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

How rare are Firehawks? Are they worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 09:30 PM

Arrow How rare are Firehawks? Are they worth it?

From what I heard Firehawks are the most rare. They are also considered the fastest according to some. I am going to be getting a f-body soon and cant decide between a WS6 and a Firehawk? But if one is more rare then the other then that is what I am going for. By the way, do the firehawks have a special hood? I know I want either a WS6 or Firehawk but I am wondering what makes the Firehawks so special? Any info on Firehawks you guys can share will help me out!
Old 02-14-2003, 09:42 PM

The firehawks are much more rare than the ws6s. I belive there hood also has just one big nostrol rather than the split norstol the ws6s have.
Old 02-14-2003, 10:08 PM

more rare, id say so. based on the same platform, a la aftermarket company does a few tweaks to get more power.....hawk goes to SLP, WS6 to AMS, so no real power difference. im a fan of the hawk myself but the WS6 looks a lil meaner.
brian
Old 02-14-2003, 10:21 PM

Firehawk will prolly hold a lil higher resale value, but that won't matter cause you'll pay more for one then a WS6 most likely. Personally I like em, but I like the WS6 more cause it looks more aggressive, while the Firehawk looks milder. I don't like the spoilers on any Firebird platform except the T/A, and the hood on the WS6 is a lil taller I believe, or either that the split makes it appear taller. Just looks meaner.
Old 02-14-2003, 11:43 PM

Essentially, a firehawk is a done up firebird or TA with every SLP option included (that simplifying things a little, but is basically it). It would be the rarest f-body in general, but you can likely find an SS or WS6 with rare options that would be even rarer I suppose.

But rarity is only useful if you don't like to modify your car. Once you start modding to go fast, then you'r just another cool car.
Old 02-15-2003, 02:07 AM

i recall seeing a Hawk or 2 on the highway 1 in Florida and 1 michigan with a regular firebird hood. what gives on that one?
Old 02-15-2003, 03:33 AM

Originally posted by 94_formula
i recall seeing a Hawk or 2 on the highway 1 in Florida and 1 michigan with a regular firebird hood. what gives on that one?
Correct me if I'm wrong someone, but I'm 99% sure that it wasn't a Hawk then, cause all Firehawks come w/ the hood.
Old 02-15-2003, 07:44 AM

`99 -up Hawks are definetly Rare, But remember They were available in the Formula and T/A, not so with `00 -up WS6. The Formula FireHawk IS the Rarest of the Performance Firebirds they made approx 100 per year since `99.
Old 02-15-2003, 09:47 AM

Correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't it 175 a year?
Old 02-15-2003, 11:05 AM

I have a 2000 Firehawk and people do confuse my car for a regular T/A and even sometimes a V6 model with "nice wheels and a wing". If you see my car from the side the hood looks similar to that of a regular firebird hood which is probably why people mistake it for a regular firebird hood. But all firehawks come with the single nostril hood which isn't as tall as the WS6 hood but is taller than a stock firebird hood. As far as performance goes it's just an LS1 with the 345HP package. You can get an SS in the same trim. Which means it isn't theorectically faster than any other f-car with the same SLP options. As far as rarity goes it's most certainly rarer than any other f-car in general production in the past few years. I say if you can pick one up for a good price it's worth getting it. I got mine for $22k which I thought was a good price and I saw WS6's for much much more. But it's all in what you like. Everyone has their own opinion on the car.
Old 02-15-2003, 11:29 AM

I remember last time i was at the track, there was a Blackbird Trans AM (some crazy package done somewhere down in atlanta apparently) and a firehawk. The blackbird was basically done up with cross drilled rotors, a lid, exhaust and a few neat things....and wound up runnin high 12's @ 110 all day in 100 degree heat and on street tires. Now, it raced a firehawk also on street tires, and it got spanked. Think the hawk was runnin mid 12s....and at that point i looked into what the firehawks had, and it couldnt have been stock...right?? Anyway, the firehawk is rare, but has anyone seen the blackbird edition? Its a nice lookin car. I have the video of them, and ill get it up soon.
Old 02-15-2003, 11:45 AM

the Blackbird is a GMMG car, and can be viewed at www.gmmginc.net a firehawk is not as fast as a blackbird from the 'factory' (GMMG or SLP). the blackbird has ported manifolds, chambered exhaust, lid, short throw, and most importantly, 4.10s (among other little things), which is why it runs 12 all day from GMMG. both awesome cars, but the blackbird is faster than a stock hawk and also more rare, but also more expensive.
brian
Old 02-15-2003, 12:40 PM

firehawk

http://www.firehawk.com/picture-prev...=3227&PIC=3236
Old 02-15-2003, 01:45 PM

Personally I would go with the Firehawk, I think they are cool as hell, a little more refined than the WS-6. Also a lot more rare, so you stand out a little more.

As for the hood, it is cool as hell also, and absolutely impossible to get unless you have a Firehawk......Even if a Firehawk owner wanted a new hood, the trashed hood muct be sent back to verify.

As for the SLP options, I could care less, I would change most of those parts out anyhow.....But I think it does come with a lowered stance which is cool
Old 02-15-2003, 11:47 PM

I like how the Firehawks look more than the WS6's, but you can get the hood from Suncoast creations http://www.suncoastcreations.com/hoo...p_firebird.htm

Originally posted by 2002 NBM Bird

As for the hood, it is cool as hell also, and absolutely impossible to get unless you have a Firehawk......Even if a Firehawk owner wanted a new hood, the trashed hood muct be sent back to verify.

Quick Reply: How rare are Firehawks? Are they worth it?