LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

FlowMAster Cat BAck or SLP Loudmouth?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 10:48 AM

Re: FlowMAster Cat BAck or SLP Loudmouth?

I have been going to the small shops so much, I guess I wouldnt even know if they do or not, there are atleast 50 places were I am at, In San Antonio were all they basically do is check your windsheild wipers and have you honk the horn. Maybe your just going the the nicest place you can find? Dont go to the name brand places just for an Inspection sticker! I've been thru Houston many times and I know there are plenty of places to go to avoid an emmisions check! I think you probley are on the wrong side of the tracks.... Thats a joke, based on what you told me, I'm not sure if you'll get it.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:02 AM

I dont mind going to a proper place for an emmisions test.. I prefer to not take my car to seedy places.. luckily, now, my LS1 is not modded, I can get it inspected and have no issues like I had with my LT1..
Old 05-01-2005, 12:17 PM

See, you know exactly what I am saying.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:23 PM

That flat pipe has the same cross sectional area as the round pipe on the other side. Its flat for clearance just like NASCAR exhausts. It is not a restriction.

The EPA does watch vehicle emissions very closely. Maybe not f-bods in particular but it is a cumulative effect that has created these smog issues. I just don't think a couple of HP is worth making the air more polluted. Just think of all the truck, Stang, and import drivers that are !cats along with the f-bods. I'm sure they all think, "well its just 1 vehicle." See the problem?

SA may not have emissions testing yet. Its done on a county to county basis. It is up here in DFW. Nothing major just check for codes, but they also have the mobile sniffers.

What did you do for the EPA? I have a degree in Environmental Management and have had 3 jobs dealing with haz waste disposal and remediation in 3 different states and 1 job reasearching biodeisel and other "green" concepts. Been in the field for 5 years now. I'd like to work for the EPA and drive a blown big block car to work, but I'd settle for my LS1 being cammed and turbo. mwa hahaha! Only problem being that the Gov agencies don't pay as well as the buisiness world.

Last edited by Greed4Speed; 05-01-2005 at 01:30 PM.