LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

finaly droped some ca$h...on the corsa!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 02:00 AM

finaly droped some ca$h...on the corsa!!

i just ordered the corsa catback (with Premium Tips) for my car. i got it from http://www.ls1motorsports.com/ for $730.00 + 55.00 for shiping. i did look around but this seemed like the best deal. im going to be installing it myself. the most difficult thing i have installed on my car is my B&M shifter and that was easy. just want some feedback on tricks for the install, and if i got ripped off or anything. also i never ordered anything from this company befor, how are they on shipping and customer service and stuff?

thanx
Old 02-28-2003, 10:08 AM

Personaly I think you paid a lot.....When I ordered mine (non premium tips) I paid $600 +$15shipping

Since then, Corsa has gone down in price with group purchases and sales.

Though one vendor I did speak to, he told me shipping would be $50+, he said the reason why was because Corsa wanted the vendor to be a premium dealer or something along those lines.
Anyhow, I think you could have saved a ton of cash.

With installation, it is a piece of cake, just have a friend with you.
Some little pointers though would be to hammer in the heat shield above the axel, cause if you don't, the pipe will rub against the heat shield and annoy the $hit out of you

Next, when removing your stock exhaust, remove the panhard rod, and the steel piece above that, unhook all of the things that are holding it in place. Then with a little WD-40, spray it on where the I pipe connects under the driver seat, then pull that catback off. It will not be able to slide out, so take your sawzall and slice right through it as it sits on your rearend. With the catback in 2 pieces, you can now remove it.

Putting the corsa system on is the easiest part, slip everything in, and follow the directions they give you and you will be fine.
Only part that I thought was a little confusing was how to hang the the dual pipes that show the tips, but after reading the instructions more closely, I figured it out, its pretty simple.

Also another good point, is test fit the cat back system in your room to make sure there are no bends in the connectors, or you will be pulling the hairs out of your head trying to slide it in, I had the smalled bend in the slip fit connector that took me an hour to slide it in, and that was in my bedroom, I think I would have blown the car up, if I had to fit it in while under the car.

Lastly, when doing the tips, just have a friend tell you when they are straight.

Good luck with the system, every single penny I spent on it was well worth it, in my opinion it is the best system out there for me, because I plan on getting QTP LT headers, and with the mild and exotic corsa sound, it will sound awesome and not obnoxious like other catbacks
Old 02-28-2003, 10:17 AM

I don't think he paid that much more than you did. Aren't the premium tips about $100 more? 100 + 600 = $700 that you would have paid for your deal. He paid $730. Not a big difference.
Old 02-28-2003, 10:21 AM

Lets not forget $55 shipping compared to my $15

Also I said I have seen Corsa even cheaper than what I paid, I bought mine like 8 months ago, probably the past 3-4 months I have seen deals popping up for even better prices

Easily I think he paid about $100 too much.....That could be a ported TB right there
Old 02-28-2003, 11:06 AM

He did not pay too much...especially $100. Where are they $100 cheaper...I'd like to know because my brother is shopping for the system and I have checked for him as well and that price is very fair. I have the system and one person can install easily in a couple of hours:
- put rear axle on ramps and using a saws all or as I did a portable band saw cut your old system out. You don't need to remove any rear suspension components at all.
- follow instructions, they are excellent. If you take your time in lining things up prior to final clamping you should not have to bang the shield in. I did go back several times after original install to tweak the system in order to get it just right. Maybe hammering the shield eliminates that but not my preference.
- do not over torque the clamps. I belive 37 ft/lbs was the spec.
-Keep the tips clean..they get sooty...enjoy the system. and yes, it does sound awesome w/lt's...when warranty is over for me that's next.
Old 02-28-2003, 11:08 AM

Your gonna love it. It's harder getting the stock ex. out than getting the Corsa in, it does take some time to get the tips and muffler straight, but after a few tries it will work fine. The tips are sound are awsome. I lucked out and got mine when they were cheap and I had a 10% coupon, = 620 w/shipping to my doorstep, and yes that is the premium tips.

Enjoy!
Old 02-28-2003, 11:10 AM

I know it means nothing now but MTI probably had the best deal out there. I got mine back in August or September (not exactly sure) and they were doing 10% off all Corsa systems...so I got mine w/ premium tips for about $675 and that included shipping.

Even without the 10% off, I believe MTI is still the cheapest, with premium tips it's $725 and shipping is about $25 or so.

Knight has me beat so I guess I didn't get the best deal, oh well.

Last edited by 96SFLZ; 02-28-2003 at 11:13 AM.
Old 02-28-2003, 11:14 AM

Originally posted by Lance Melnek
He did not pay too much...especially $100. Where are they $100 cheaper...I'd like to know because my brother is shopping for the system and I have checked for him as well and that price is very fair. I have the system and one person can install easily in a couple of hours:
Should I tell you, or were the 2 posts below yours enough information?

I'll still check if there are any deals right now, so if you want to know where, just PM me.
Old 02-28-2003, 11:25 AM

Doing a search now.