LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

01' SS M6 electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 07:38 PM

Question 01' SS M6 electrical issues

So maybe someone else on here can help me with this. I drove to church this morning car was fine. Went to leave church and it took three tries before the car would turn over. I started driving and it was almost like it was misfiring. I pulled over turned the car off and couldn't get it to start. I let it sit there for a little bit and it started but my tachometer gauge didn't work but drove fine. Later today I finally got a chance to go mess with it and the car started right up everything worked just fine. I turned off and restarted the car bout 5 times no problems. I moved my car later on and no problems. I went to go home tonight and the car started just fine and drove fine but my temp, tach, fuel gauges weren't working and my service vehicle, abs inop, airbag, and traction control lights were on. I am at a loss with what it could be. Anyone have the same kind of thing happen or know someone who did and what it might be? My stepdad said he thinks the ignition switch is the problem. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:42 PM

Re: 01' SS M6 electrical issues

I have a 99 z28 and just out of the blue the car wont start sometimes..i turn the key over but nothing then i just do it bout three four more times then it will start up..its weird that when i drive my stereo will blink and when it is cutting in and out my windows wont row up or down at the sametime this is happening my car will sometimes misfire aswell..i have buddy that is a mechanic and he suggested that it was probably the ignition switch as well but if that doesnt work then im lost just like you..
Old 07-12-2011, 09:11 PM

Yea I have had the radio problem too. My stepdad said it sounded like the ignition switch too, but my uncle said it sounds like control module malfunction. I went up to advance auto to have the car scanned for codes and the car will not establish a link with the scanner. So he is thinking it is computer related. It's like I am gonna have to just try one and see, but I don't want to spend the time and money for nothing right now.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:31 PM

it doesnt throw codes with me either the next thing i was going to check out if it wasnt the ignition switch was going to be all of the wires running to and from everything..dont know how much time your willing to put into fixing it but thats what im going to do..just read wiring diagrams & trace wires
Old 07-17-2011, 10:20 PM

i think it is a control module problem . all the dash and stereo and door controls go thru it . i'm having a grey moment right now but there is a sticky somewhere about it sorry i cant remember where