General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Wrecked my car a today and I have a couple of problems.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 12:14 AM

Wrecked my car a today and I have a couple of problems.

You don't know how much I want to just start cussin' like a sailor drivin' a semi. But I won't. Seems I can't even start up this project without a huge bill comin' at me.

Pretty minimal body damage, but now of course I have some vibration in the suspension in which I will get underneath and inspect. Also, I have a considerable loss of power. It feels like my brakes are on while driving. Like there is something holding me back. I'm inclined to think it's ignition problems because I've had the 2k rpm stumbling problem for a while with my 93Z and now when I got going, I had a considerable studder.

My question is, could I have jarred something loose in the opticrap. Timing seems to be on. It seems to be running rich because I walked around it while running and the exaust smelled like gas. No gas tank leaks by the way. Could the opti send weak spark and not burn off the fuel? Could an intake blockage of some kind cause a rich condition and stumbling? I don't know. If it's the opti, then I will go with the delteq and say screw it. I'm not putting that much work into something that could crap out on me.

Sorry, just wanted to vent.
Finch
Old 02-01-2005, 06:25 AM

Re: Wrecked my car a today and I have a couple of problems.

after an accident anything is possible

what kind of "wreck" was it if there was minimal body damage but you have running problems?
Old 02-01-2005, 02:30 PM

Re: Wrecked my car a today and I have a couple of problems.

I spun out on some black ice on an interstate onramp. I fishtailed twice and slid sideways into a really deep ditch. I was very luck I didn't flip my car. I ended up sitting up on the side of my car for just a second and slammed down on all fours. I got it out and checked out my stance, checked for leaks of any kind, my tires were still inflated. I really lucked out. It could have been way worse, but I'm tellin' you that it didn't have the pull it usually did when accellerating and I had wierd vibrations around 45-55mph.

I guess I don't know what to check and of course this happens right as I pay my rent.

later