General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

what adjustment is needed to rock bottom of window in

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 08:00 AM

what adjustment is needed to rock bottom of window in

I have a 94 z28 that I recently pulled out of storage after 9 years.
I drove it in the rain for the first time in a while the other day and i noticed that the door window seal leaks, but only on the back side of the window. When i got close and checked it out I see that there is about a 1/8" gap between the seal and the window, but only the bottom 2-3" of where the seal curves in and the window doesn't meet it. I checked the rest of the seal all the way around with a dollar bill and it is all good except that last edge. For the record this is not my pic. I just snagged a pic to show where the gap is. How would I adjust the window to rock just the bottom back edge in a bit.
Attached Thumbnails what adjustment is needed to rock bottom of window in-100_4105.jpg  
Old 03-28-2016, 10:27 AM

Re: what adjustment is needed to rock bottom of window in

There are window adjustments in the door.Just go to Shoebox's website for complete instructions.This took my about an hour but I got it right.Is your gasket cracked near the bottom?This might need replacement.Hope this helps.
Old 03-28-2016, 02:49 PM

If an adjustment doesn't help you can try a trick we used for years on t-top seals when they became old and begun to shrink. Put your car in the hot sun windows down and let the door seals get warm. Rub a liberal about of vaseline on the seals and leave it sit in the sun. At the end of the afternoon wipe off the excess.

The rubber weatherstrip shrinks with age. By heating up the rubber and placing a petroleum like vaseline on it, your allowing the rubber to absorb the oils and swell up restoring your weatherstrip seal. GM used to actually make a conditioner for this very reason and it was called....you guessed it....t-top weatherstrip conditioner.

Terry
Old 04-15-2016, 09:51 AM

I read over the instructions on shoebox's website
what im asking is, does one of those adjustments rock the bottom of the window in while keeping the top in the same spot?
Old 04-15-2016, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Did you look at the section on the stabilizer adjustments? It would seem if the rear stabilizer is pushing outward too much on the window, it might produce a gap.

Just a thought.
Old 04-15-2016, 01:59 PM

ok I'll look into that to see.
it is odd cuz the door doesnt leak at all and makes a good seal all the way around except in the bottom like 3" right near the door felt. I think you are right injuneer.
Its good hearing from you. I think its been like 8 years