General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Vacuum Line Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 10:12 AM

Vacuum Line Question

Can you help me identify where the vacuum line I have capped off (see red cap on vacuum line in pic) should go? Also, should a vacuum line be plugged into one of the 2 ends of the plug you see in this pic? I'm not sure what that plug is but I'm assuming it's some kind of valve. This picture is in behind the driver front quarter panel. Here's a link to the picture, taken from under the car.

GEDC0215.jpg Photo by cjamen | Photobucket
Old 07-27-2015, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Re: Vacuum Line Question

There are two possibilities, and it's pretty hard to pin down without basic info about the car - year and engine for example:

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/lt1...nature-879835/

Assuming it's an LT1, one possibility is a solenoid in the AIR system, but that is highly dependant on year of the car, and whether the AIR pump recall was done on it.

http://shbox.com/1/air_pump_recall.jpg
Old 07-27-2015, 10:25 AM

My Bad - (blushing and feeling silly for not providing any details)

It's a '94 Camaro 3.4L. The picture and the parts are located in the same area as the air pump is located.

The only reason I'm searching for a vacuum problem is because when you accelerate, the AC quits blowing throw the vents and moves to the defrost but once the RPMs lower again, it continues to blow through the vents. So, I'm figuring that I've got a problem with weak vacuum.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by cjamen
My Bad - (blushing and feeling silly for not providing any details)

It's a '94 Camaro 3.4L. The picture and the parts are located in the same area as the air pump is located.

The only reason I'm searching for a vacuum problem is because when you accelerate, the AC quits blowing throw the vents and moves to the defrost but once the RPMs lower again, it continues to blow through the vents. So, I'm figuring that I've got a problem with weak vacuum.
>>>> 4th Gen LT1 F-body Tech Articles
Old 07-27-2015, 11:04 AM

Thanks for sharing the link. I'll be sure to use that to identify the vacuum issue with the AC vents.

With regards to the vacuum line that I capped off (see red cap in pic), do you know where this should be routed to or should it be open? I can tell you that it does pull vacuum.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by cjamen
Thanks for sharing the link. I'll be sure to use that to identify the vacuum issue with the AC vents.

With regards to the vacuum line that I capped off (see red cap in pic), do you know where this should be routed to or should it be open? I can tell you that it does pull vacuum.
Don't know. Not familiar with the V6 stuff.