Drag Racing Technique Improve your track times

Installed Trans Go .. Have questions .(long).

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2002, 11:38 PM

Post Installed Trans Go .. Have questions .(long).

This was the first valve body I ever modified (1993 700r4 non-electronic)so I took my time and it took me a long time. I dont have a lift so lots of the work was done on my back. At any rate I am very pleased with the shift characteristics ( I opted to keep the automatic feature). I still wonder about a couple of issues I had which were not addressed in the transgo literature or video. First of all, the original line bias valve did not have a spring behind it-- only a 1/8'' x 1 inch long rod (approx). The kit called for removing the original line bias valve and spring (which I didnt have to begin with) and replacing it with the new Transgo valve and white spring (recessed into valve). Should I have kept the original set-up with the valve and rod?? Second, the original servo had 2 springs (one cushion spring and a smaller conical spring within it) not counting the return spring. The Transgo literature only showed the cushion spring present?? Any ways I wound up using the supplied washers (3 thin and 2 thick) after removing one thick washer in the new servo to get proper band clearance. I questioned discarding the original flat snap ring (guess it will not fit anyway with the fixed washers). Was I better off with the 2 original springs and lock ring...or the washers the kit provided?? Also, I installed only 2 large washers in the accumulator (not 3). Any advice or suggestions from trnsmission gurus appreciated.

------------------
93 FORMULA - Hooker LTs. Mufflex. Lakewood LCAs. BMR sfcs. Motive 3.73. Trans-go. B&M. Moroso. Taylor. MSD. Nitto DRs. TA girdle. LS1 aluminum DS. 12.88 @ 111mph.