General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Replacing old wire terminals & connectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 03:06 PM

Replacing old wire terminals & connectors

Over the last couple months, I've discovered that a large amount of the wiring in my Z is getting old/brittle/etc. I've looked for pigtails, but have found very few for the areas I need, such as the fuel pump rear firewall connector. On most of these the plastic connector is fine, it's the wiring itself that is cracking, or has stiffened over time. This is leading to lower conductivity, and thus degraded functioning of many of these parts. I know that these can be rebuilt, but I'm unsure of what kind of terminals to get. Does anyone know of a good source of the specific terminals, or a guide that would show which ones to use and how to do it? Alternatively, a good source for pigtails would work as well. I've checked shoebox's website, but couldn't find any part numbers for the specific pigtails.

I do know about Painless Wiring, but I'd like to avoid that as it's really expensive, and the majority of the connectors are not in the engine compartment. They're more things like the fuel pump connector, window & door lock connectors, etc.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Re: Replacing old wire terminals & connectors

Need basic info about the car - year being critical. A "Signature" is always a good idea.

If its 93-97, Shoebox has pigtail part #'s listed on his website, although primarily engine related.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:01 PM

Sorry, I thought the sig would have posted, but I posted it from my phone so apperntly not. It's a 93Z-A4. The engine was replaced about 7000 miles ago.

I saw the engine related ones in Shoebox's site, but unfortunately it's the non-engine related ones that are the in the worst shape.
Old 07-12-2015, 08:10 AM

Rockauto.com should have the parts your looking for. Amazon and ebay are good places to check on the parts as well. I have had good luck finding electric connectors on all 3 sites. Check prices with shipping on all three sites before buying.