General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

rear valence/diffusor and front 'spoiler' downforce generator???

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 07:11 PM

rear valence/diffusor and front 'spoiler' downforce generator???

anyone offer any rear valence or front valence, chin spoilers or 'front wings' that actually help high speed stability?

i've seen the crappy 'xenon' body kits and goofy OEM 'sport packages' but i want something that works. i hit 150+ in the camaro once and swore i'd never do it again...but things change.

any way, i'm looking for a rear valence, someone here has an aluminum one they hand made i liked...a difusor of sorts...and definitely something for the front.

what i have in mind is something that goes below or above the blinkers, straight at first then curves up with the body lines to create a downforce on the front end...they tend to float at higher speeds. i've seen all kinds of 'rice' body kits that have them embedded into the kits, but nothing really add-on. maybe a CF or aluminum piece that mounts somewhere and will hold up to the pressures.

maybe something like these: http://www.predator-performance.com/images/canard.jpg

or these: javascriptopupWindow('http://www.streamlineparts.net/cart/popup_image.php?pID=414')

please...no rice comments...i wouldnt be putting this crap on here if i didnt think i needed it...believe me.