General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 05:11 PM

Need some advice

Hey gang,Im kinda in a spot here.Im waitin for the new Camaro.But in the mean time,I know a guy with a real low mile 2001 Trans Am WS6.I need a new car.This might be a sweet deal.I know it aintt Chevy.But any advice as to what to look out for when i look this car over ,i more than appreciate it.Read a bit about brakes ,pinion noise,anythig you got .It got less than 20,000 miles and garage kept all its life.I knw this 2b true.But if the car gotr some kind of trait,I need 2 know.thanks.Mike
Old 08-28-2007, 05:32 PM

If the car is stock and less than 20K not much to look for - if the price is right sounds like a good deal. Knowing the owner is a plus too...to be sure you could bring it to a local mechanic and have them check it out for you.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:14 PM

I'd love to have a new camaro when they come out also but.... you gotta realize its gonna be a while and also if you get a good deal on that car and keep the miles down you may even make some money off it.

how much is he asking for it? would be able to give u better advice with knowing that.

Personaly I am gonna let the camaro be out a few years before i get one if i do. the price will go way down and they may even get some kinks out of it.

If its a good price id buy the trans am and then sell it later and get a camaro a few years after its out

or you could find a 98 trans am with more miles on it.. and rip around in it for a few years then get the camaro... i guess it all depends on what the guy wants for it

Last edited by adamc; 08-28-2007 at 07:17 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:49 PM

OK,the deal is(Im sure he wont be crusing the camaro forum)he is asking 15,500,OBO.car was always garaged,automatic ,oh,well.It is wifes toy,but they are a family,so little use.Ttops.are they trouble to be concerned with.Milage is 12000 plus a bit.Showroom.Bank said they would loan more than asking price.Im soooo confused.Im not looking to beat the car.Just a 50 yr old guy wanting what I never could have before.but dont want to buy a car that has known problems,recalls etc and is out of warranty.I could go buy a NEW KIA for less money anf full warranty.JUST KIDDING,no rice burners here. Thanks again.Mike
Old 08-30-2007, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by mikesea
OK,the deal is(Im sure he wont be crusing the camaro forum)he is asking 15,500,OBO.car was always garaged,automatic ,oh,well.It is wifes toy,but they are a family,so little use.Ttops.are they trouble to be concerned with.Milage is 12000 plus a bit.Showroom.Bank said they would loan more than asking price.Im soooo confused.Im not looking to beat the car.Just a 50 yr old guy wanting what I never could have before.but dont want to buy a car that has known problems,recalls etc and is out of warranty.I could go buy a NEW KIA for less money anf full warranty.JUST KIDDING,no rice burners here. Thanks again.Mike
I just picked up a 99 WS6 with 50 000 miles for more then he's asking for that one! (of course these cars cost a lot more up here ). I love the car, had no problems at all...
It'll be a while before the new Camaro comes out, and I originally told myself if I wanted one I'd sell this car and get one.... but I love it too much already to let it go.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:10 PM

I snoozed and loosed,guy sold it.young girl looked at it when I was,she got on it.Pays to be young and quick.Thanks 4 the replies