General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

hooker headers

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 06:24 PM

hooker headers

a buddy of mine has a set of hooker long tubes for $180 im thinking of buying them is this a good deal or no? He said there brand new never been attached to a car

and also im having a shop put them on as the car is lowered so i can barely get a jack any tips to get a little more clearance for bottoming out? im thinking on having them fabricate a custom y pipe
Old 12-23-2014, 06:50 AM
Administrator

Re: hooker headers

Performance-wise, the Hookers are good. However, like all headers, they need to be cera-metallic coated to reduce under hood heat, reduce corrosion and thermal weld cracking, and to pick up a few HP with improved scavenging.

You also need to determine if you are in a location where emissions are an issue - do the headers have AIR and EGR connections, if required? Do they have O2 sensor bungs, which are required for the PCM to control A/F ratio? I bought a set of Hooker LT's and had to have the O2 bungs added.

As far as clearance, people with lowered cars complain about clearance issues with long tubes. The problem is the driver side, where there is no provision at all past the firewall for an exhaust system. Don't know the specifics of the Hookers with regard to clearance, but I suspect they will be a problem on a severely lowered vehicle.
Old 12-23-2014, 05:13 PM

well where the car has a 2" drop in it ill have serious clearence problems so ill probably go with mid length. cause my car has other problems with it as well that need to be addressed first like the AIR and EGR systems failing (still determining if i want to do a full delete) i was planning on getting a basic PCM tune for now for the VATS, MAF (previous owner took out the screen) and do the AIR and EGR delete

then work on the more expensive stuff as money is a issue with 2 fixed incomes and 2 children and buying a more appropriate family vehicle and then I can put elvira up and tare her apart and do more work slowly.
Old 01-01-2015, 02:00 AM
Banned

then work on the more expensive stuff as money is a issue with 2 fixed incomes and 2 children and buying a more appropriate family vehicle and then I can put elvira up and tare her apart and do more work slowly.
http://www.tesedited.biz/

Last edited by Injuneer; 01-01-2015 at 10:57 AM.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by echert
http://www.te****.biz/
Wow..... advice from a spammer in Faisalabad, Pakistan. Did you think we were too stupid to realize you had just copied and pasted from the post immediately above?