General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Help for a "Rookie"...

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 12:04 AM

Help for a "Rookie"...

I am 30 & just got my very first Camaro! I finally convinced the wife & began my search. After weeks of serching far & wide I finally found it...a 2002 Z28, black on black (leather), ALL original w/ only 38K miles! I am trying to absorb as much info as possible on these AWESOME machines and could sure use some guidance. I want to know the history of my car, specs, etc. How do I know what motor it has?..a 5.7L is all I know. What kind of stock HP should it have, etc.? How could I obtain this information..or can I? I am not sure if it was special built or not but lots of wierd things about the particular package on the car...? Examples: Black leather, CD, leather wrapped wheel w/ controls, stock chrome 16 inch wheels, auto, Z28, but, no cruise, no power windows,locks,seats, or mirrors. Why go to the expense of leather, chrome, big V8, but leave out the little details??? Just wondering if somebody could lead me down the right path to get as much info on my car, as well as The Camaro as a whole, would be grealty appreciated.

Thanks
Old 08-03-2006, 02:09 PM

Re: Help for a "Rookie"...

Go to amazon.com or take a trip to your local Barnes and Noble, or discount books and get a CD or book/s on Camaro's. Join the local Camaro Club. Go to other WEB sites LS1.com or spend a week on here with the search button.

OH, and go back to your other post hit EDIT and DELETE THIS POST!
Old 08-03-2006, 02:11 PM

Some good links:

http://www.f-body.org/tech/

http://www.f-body.org/faq/4/index.htm
Old 08-03-2006, 02:19 PM
Banned

If you want to find out some cool info, you can locate the VIN and go to google and search for a camaro vin decoder, enter in your vin into the little box and it will tell you the state / city and or plant it was made at, original motor that was in it, date it was made, color, etc etc