General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Help i need some imput!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 10:03 PM

Help i need some imput!!!!!

I went to look at a 95 ss camaro, now when i talked to the guy he talked the car way up i thought i was going up to look at a show car but when i got there the car had alot of body damage. with only 45,000 miles tho it runs great lt1 6 speed and i fell in love what eighteen year old wouldnt its black now i bought it for 3900 i did not know at the time there was never a 95 ss made so it means its a clone but that was ok i gessed but then i put to and 2 together and it had 30th anver. seats in it and there again i just over looked it i ran a car fax on it it was in a selavage yard in 97 has a clear title on it then did some more looking and the vin on the motor and that also does not match the car also out of a 97 also needs a rear end seal and rear pinuan seal about 600 bucks so i dont know i want to know what it is worth and im so stressed about it can i get some imput please
it also has a full 97 intera in it im just trying to figure out what the car is worth i really think its a 97 ss but with a 95 dash and vin in it because every thing in it is 97 is there some thing i can look at to tell weather its a 95 other then the vin all other vins have been removed to the best of my knolage it has the ss hood and air intake not sure about the exaust and stock rims and tires but the speedo is about 6 mph off withc makes me think it had the slp rims on it im just lost needs some imput please
Old 04-18-2011, 10:17 PM

Re: Help i need some imput!!!!!

well, u could post a pic

and i dont think anyone would have put a 95 dash in it

so thats a hard call, is there a vin in the glovebox or door?
Old 04-18-2011, 11:51 PM

Hard to read, but I'll try...

My guess, you bought a car that is a 1995, with 97 pieces.. AKA: clone or ????

Should have ran the carfax before purchase... And it seems at one time, it had a salvage title or it still is...

Plus you state, the car had alot of body damage, and you still bought it????

The car might be a money pit... Good luck..
Old 04-19-2011, 05:09 AM
Administrator

The speedo would not be "6 mph off" because someone put "stock rims and tires" on an SS. The outside diameter of the tires on the stock 16" wheels is the same as the outside diameter of the tires on the 17" SS wheels.

Did you check the engine and the trans for the stamped VIN?

Courtesy of Shoebox:

http://shbox.com/1/block_vin.jpg
Old 04-19-2011, 11:17 AM

no the glove box has nothing there is a vin on the drivers door it matches the one on the dash but i doesent look right
Old 04-19-2011, 11:22 AM

ya thats what i think that its a 95 clone but there is still a part of me that thinks that its a 97 with 95 parts on it the laidy granteed that the car was orangal and ya i know i screwed up with not doing the car fax but the only body damage is in the drivers rear quator panal it needs a new bumper and drivers side front panatal and a few scraps on the door on dent in the pass said but small but its got a clear title on it is it worth keeping or what ?
Old 04-19-2011, 11:24 AM

yes i checked the vin on the motor and trans they are out of a 97 ran a car fax on that the only thing it had on there was the motor had 25 miles on it it never said it had a title transfer or anything nothing even from the dealer