General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Electric Fuel Pressure Gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 10:44 AM

Electric Fuel Pressure Gauge?

How exactly do you have it hooked up if you have one? There is a sender i believe. I was looking at the Autometer guages, and it says it's a 1/8 fitting i believe. Can anyone give me a little more info on what to expect to have to do to install this.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:02 PM

Re: Electric Fuel Pressure Gauge?

A sending unit is mounted to your fuel rail schrader port. You'll need a fitting to screw on to the schrader valve and an adapter to fit the other end to the sending unit. You'll also need to remove the valve in the center of the schrader valve (like a valve stem on a tire). A harness connectors to the end of the sending unit that routes through the fire fall to the interior. It plugs into a controller that gets power and ground and then hooks up to your gauge. Your gauge will also include a connection for a backlight to light up the gauge when the headlights come on.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by OBE1 95Z28
A sending unit is mounted to your fuel rail schrader port. You'll need a fitting to screw on to the schrader valve and an adapter to fit the other end to the sending unit. You'll also need to remove the valve in the center of the schrader valve (like a valve stem on a tire). A harness connectors to the end of the sending unit that routes through the fire fall to the interior. It plugs into a controller that gets power and ground and then hooks up to your gauge. Your gauge will also include a connection for a backlight to light up the gauge when the headlights come on.
Would you happen to know the part #'s on the fitting for the schrader valve and the adapter? And why do you have to remove the valve in the schrader valve? I just installed the Autometer fuel pressure gauge and ran into a problem, I need a female end 90* elbow with the schrader size thread on one end and a 1/8 NPT size thread on the other side. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. PS, what size is the thread on the schrader valve?
Old 08-14-2005, 10:56 AM
Administrator

See my response in this thread:

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389581

The Schrader is a -4AN connection.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:21 PM

Also, don't mount the sender directly to the fuel rail, use a braided line and mount the sender to the firewall with rubber isoloators. vibrations can cause the sender to go bad and give you false readings.