General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

autopartsdealer.com - do not use, what a joke

Old 08-28-2010, 11:29 AM

autopartsdealer.com - do not use, what a joke

I ordered some crane valve springs and a crane valve spring compressor from them - because their springs were $50 cheaper than anywhere else I could find. What a joke....

They were upfront and telling me a part is back ordered, so I would need to wait for 3 weeks for the parts to arrive. That is fine, I get it, you were $50 cheaper than anywhere else, so I decided I'd be willing to wait.

However, 2 days after the promised ship date, and not hearing anything, I called them. After waiting *30* minutes for someone to answer the phone, they put me on hold for 20 minutes, and came back and said they would research and find out where my parts were - and call me back within a few minutes.

*No* call back received.

The next day I called them again, after waiting again for 30 minutes, their phone system essentially hung up on me (put me back to the very front of their menu - as if I had just called in fresh).

Called a third time - waited again for 30 minutes - the man on the phone informed me that they could not get my part because the manufacturer doesn't make it anymore. He told me I would have a full refund within *3 days*. No apology given for their failure to deliver, and them dropping the ball on my 3 week old order - it was as if it was *my* fault that *they* couldn't do what they promised.

This was on 8/17. 3 days later would have been 8/20.

Still.... no refund on 8/20.

on 8/22 I check my order history again on their site - and it says my parts shipped! Lies... they did not ship.

I emailed them this time, on 8/22 they told me:

"Refunds take aproximateley 5-7 business days to credit back to you (weekends and holidays are not counted as buisness days). Once you item has been refunded an email confirmatuion will be emailed to you. Ypu should have a refund by no later than 8-26-2010"

(Those are their spelling errors, not mine - this was quoted verbatim from their email to me).

Today, 8/28, still no refund. I check my online statement daily.

After they told me my order was to be refunded on 8/17, I ordered the exact same part from summitracing.com (whom I should have used in the first place) and they too had to special order the parts - but guess what? I have them in my hands today.

The manufacturer (Crane) *still* produces both of these items, and they still list them on their website. Yet autopartsdealer.com couldn't deliver them after 3 weeks of nothing.

Do not buy from these jokers. They're nothing more than a parts shuffler, and do not have their act together.