General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Adjust Miles?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 02:10 PM

Re: Adjust Miles?

You know what.....I looked at his car on the site in his sig, and I think maybe I would want to turn the miles down too. His car is freaking nice!!! I think Hovoq just has a serious case of denial and cant stand to see his miles tick up and up and up and up. I still think its shady though man, maybe you can find some sort of support group for auto enthusiasts. Its ok, everyones car gets high miles some day. Its happening to my car, and I have come to accept it.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by havoq
I dont drive my car. Only in June-August. 55,000 on it. Just wanna lower it to like 50,000. My buddy has a tool anyways to lower it. I guess I can borrow his if he's willing
I think its hilarious that you want to lower the mileage on your car. Most people have a reason for doing something, your reason "I just wanna do it" is childish. If you hate seeing miles on your car, then why dont you want to lower it more than 5k miles? Also, you will obviously always KNOW how many miles are on your car, so lowering the odometer, so when you get into the car you SEE that you ONLY have 50k instead of 55k is just plain bass akwards.

I am telling you this in all seriousness.....YOU ARE STUPID
Old 05-13-2005, 03:20 PM

dito
Old 05-13-2005, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Z28Boss
You know what.....I looked at his car on the site in his sig, and I think maybe I would want to turn the miles down too. His car is freaking nice!!! I think Hovoq just has a serious case of denial and cant stand to see his miles tick up and up and up and up.

You know what, You've hit it right on the NOSE
Im freakin annal about my car. Who wouldnt be, Its taken me years to get it to look the way it does. Its nice, your dam right, so why would I want to sell it? Get my drift? Im turning back miles for my own personal comfortable feeling. Not to screw anyone.

All this shi*t about being childish, stupid, and name calling at me, doesnt really matter to me. If your the name caller, seems like your the one being childish.

I hardly ever drive the car, which is why I wanna keep it in the 50,000 range. For a 93, thats pretty dam good. Everyone tells me that when I tell them my mileage. So I really dont wanna start havin the odimeter tack on the miles the next few years, and lose that feeling.

Too hard to explain, dont really care what you people think. In the long run, Im gonna do what I want. Its a tight rid. Gotta keep it new and straight..
Old 05-13-2005, 04:04 PM

Grow a *****. You are bitch enough to be driving a Rustang like some moronic daddy's girl.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by fragenstein
Grow a *****. You are bitch enough to be driving a Rustang like some moronic daddy's girl.

cute man, very cute
Old 05-13-2005, 04:23 PM

cute man, very cute
I thought so... ok but seriously, maybe ur not that bad, but I still don't understand the mileage thing. My 93 TA is in the 60s and is approaching 70. Not happy about it either, but unless I had HORRIBLE short term memory and could actually FORGET that I set it back, I would still always keep the REAL mileage in mind without even meaning to.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:04 PM

lol. everyone is so quick to judge someone anymore.

the government says that its "illegal" to turn back the odometer to deter you from changing it so that way the person buying it isnt mislead into believing they bought something they didnt. if you dont plan on selling it (like i dont ever plan on selling mine) then i dont see what the harm is. i dont understand the original posters rational, but what do i care? i say if he wants to change it, go for it. i personally would then keep records of my miles from when i did turn it back so that if i ever did sell it, i could reset the mileage to its correct mileage.

when i got my car, i felt i got cheated. it only had 50k miles on it. no problem there. the problem is that the original owner dogged the hell out of it and was really a piece of crap due to this. the point i'm trying to make? mileage doesnt really make that much difference to me anymore anyways. cars these days can run hundreds of thousands of miles with virtually no problem provided theyre taken care of. or someone can beat the hell out of them and really only be a good 20-30k mile car. when you buy a used sports car, thats usually a chance you got to be willing to take. i'd rather someone be honest about how they treated the car then how many miles are on it.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:35 PM
Advanced Member

Originally Posted by BLinindoll
Uhm... it DIDN'T work in the movie, remember? Lol. The kid got mad cause it wasn't working so he started to kick the car and it fell off the stands and went through the garage window. Cmon guys, what are you thinking?!
ah your wrong! in the movie the kid started kicking it off the ramps because his father loved his car more than him... and he accidentally went to far and kicked the car off the ramps... haha!!! touche'

ANyway... author your a crook and I sent your IP address to the FBI they should be visting you shortly.

on another note why not save up and rebuild the engine if your worried about its condition. That's the best way to get miles off of your car.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Heatmaker
ah your wrong!
You are both right... that's why he kicked it, but it wasn't working anyway.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:10 PM

I dont drive my car. Only in June-August. 55,000 on it. Just wanna lower it to like 50,000. My buddy has a tool anyways to lower it. I guess I can borrow his if he's willing
sounds like someone is starving for attenition.... you poor bastard. rott in hell crook!
Old 05-13-2005, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Z28Boss
You know what.....I looked at his car on the site in his sig, and I think maybe I would want to turn the miles down too. His car is freaking nice!!! I think Hovoq just has a serious case of denial and cant stand to see his miles tick up and up and up and up.
I agree. Nice car dude. Great color, nice hood and wheels. Engine looks nice too. This dude is also apparently living in an 'uppety' neighborhood from what I can tell. He appears to be a bit of a perfectionist judging from the pics and I think he's just bothered by the mileage, and if he's not then his car would deserve above average price for an f-body. Looks like he's taken very good care of it.

It would however be a lowdown dirty rotten shame if you did sell it afterwards. I'm not judging either way, since I'm not psychic or anything like that.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by kainZ
I know this is off-topic, but I've gotta ask...

hsyr: What planet do you think you can sell a 94Z with those mods for 11.5? I say maybe 7.. if you find a sucker..

I really hope you aren't counting on your "lower miles" (as you seem to imply you've done before) to get you a higher selling price..
Ok I will try to answer without sounding like a jerk First off, that 11.5 is in CND funds and if you do a search up here for these cars my price is a little low for the miles 80,000 and the mods. Yes I know in the US my car is worth nothing but that is NOT the case where I'm from.

Second, I never lowered the miles on my car, I have taken my cluster out though to replace the bulbs with nice blue ones.

And if you don't believe me on the price, take these for example:

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/d...9724043&pgno=1

&

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/d...0114511&pgno=1

&

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/d...9331963&pgno=2

So please in the future don't just "assume" I'am doing the same thing, because as far as I can see, I'am selling my car at a pretty decent price!
Old 05-13-2005, 06:45 PM

The way I see it, even if you roll it back, your going to know the true number of miles and it would still bother you.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:51 PM

You know what, You've hit it right on the NOSE
Im freakin annal about my car. Who wouldnt be, Its taken me years to get it to look the way it does. Its nice, your dam right, so why would I want to sell it? Get my drift? Im turning back miles for my own personal comfortable feeling. Not to screw anyone.

All this shi*t about being childish, stupid, and name calling at me, doesnt really matter to me. If your the name caller, seems like your the one being childish.

I hardly ever drive the car, which is why I wanna keep it in the 50,000 range. For a 93, thats pretty dam good. Everyone tells me that when I tell them my mileage. So I really dont wanna start havin the odimeter tack on the miles the next few years, and lose that feeling.

Too hard to explain, dont really care what you people think. In the long run, Im gonna do what I want. Its a tight rid. Gotta keep it new and straight..
im not taking sides here, but if you are as **** about your car as i am, then something as small as the odom mismatched with the motor is something that gnaws at your insides. the fact that something with the car was inconsistent, or not right would just eat at me.

like that comment struck me *** odd...(my ocd, sorry)

jb

Quick Reply: Adjust Miles?