General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Adjust Miles?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 11:44 AM

Re: Adjust Miles?

Originally Posted by wlz28
I don't know if you realize this or not but if the car has 55,000 miles and you turn it back to whatever it may be 50,000 or 10,000.... Guess what the car still has 55,000 miles on it!!
Yah no kidding, thats not my point

Unfortntely all you guys are taking this way to far. I dont plan on selling the car ever. Its not even an option, and thats a fact. So lowering the miles, doesnt Screw anyone over. So basically its my own business if I lower my miles.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:50 AM

put the car on bricks and put it in reverse and drive it like that for a while, well it worked in the movie
Old 05-13-2005, 12:05 PM

Wink Re: Adjust Miles?

You could do it like ferris bueller and put it on ramps and run it in reverse.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:05 PM

after 10 years the odometer is void so it really wont help lowering it
Old 05-13-2005, 12:16 PM

I've changed my odometer on my thirdgen everytime I put a new engine in it, whats wrong with that? I still keep track of my chassis miles but I don't care, call me a crook all you want. The electronic ones the fourthgens have, I have no idea how to change. I believe there is a company in texas who will do it but it has some strict guidelines. Good luck to you and ignore the sarcastic posts.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:03 PM

sounds to me like hes just making his whole story up just so someone will give in and actually tell him how to do it. I cant believe anyone on this site actually believes the guy when he says he wants to lower the miles from 55 to 50.... cmon guys, were all smarter than that. And I understand when people do it when they put new motors in or rebuild them, but this guy just sounds like he wants to sell his car for more money. JMHO.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:06 PM

Its his car, he can do whatever he wants. If he wants to turn it back to zero, who cares?

I would just get another gauge cluster with less miles on it. Some people say you can rig up a drill to spin the odo, but they only spin about 35mph...
Old 05-13-2005, 01:06 PM

BTW, if you ARE telling the truth, you wouldn't mind posting the VIN# here would you? I mean, what would you care if you were never going to sell it, right?
Old 05-13-2005, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by steves97z28
put the car on bricks and put it in reverse and drive it like that for a while, well it worked in the movie
Uhm... it DIDN'T work in the movie, remember? Lol. The kid got mad cause it wasn't working so he started to kick the car and it fell off the stands and went through the garage window. Cmon guys, what are you thinking?!
Old 05-13-2005, 01:12 PM
EKO

Originally Posted by BLinindoll
BTW, if you ARE telling the truth, you wouldn't mind posting the VIN# here would you? I mean, what would you care if you were never going to sell it, right?
Well played.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by BLinindoll
I'm sure he would mind, as it's illegal, and while probably nothing would ever come of posting it, I don't think its worth the risk just to settle some online dispute with us.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:47 PM

The only justified reason I can think of for lowering your odometer is if you changed gears and never recallibrated your speedo like mine is. It's had 3.73 gears in it for probably a couple years now and is showing about 9% more miles on it than it actually has. Now, I haven't rolled mine back, but I'd argue that it would be a just and reasonable cause to.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:51 PM

No duh it's illegal. I don't think you have to tell anyone here that. So if it's illegal, do you really think he is going to take that much of a risk for ONLY 5000 miles? No, no one take that risk for that small of an amount. I hope one day you become a victim of odomiter fraud. Let us know how you feel when it happens. I'm sure your just going to say, "Well, the guy before me owned it and it was his so it's ok that he turned back the miles. I don't mind that I was scammed. Oh well for me."
Old 05-13-2005, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by ubiquitus
The only justified reason I can think of for lowering your odometer is if you changed gears and never recallibrated your speedo like mine is. It's had 3.73 gears in it for probably a couple years now and is showing about 9% more miles on it than it actually has. Now, I haven't rolled mine back, but I'd argue that it would be a just and reasonable cause to.
I would agree with that also. Just make sure you do the math and figure out what it is supposed to be.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:04 PM

i hate people like you... i hope you get arrested for doing this... So your just doing it so instead of seeing 55,000 u see 50,000 wtf... i cant beleive this ****. im surprised a mod hasnt deleted this thread already.

Quick Reply: Adjust Miles?