General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

94 Z28 Starting Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 04:30 PM

94 Z28 Starting Problem

Trying to get a little advice on what could be wrong with this very wierd problem i'm having. So to start off i was driving in my car the other day and all of a sudden for no reason the car stalled on me. It just jerked and all my guages bottomed out and my speed started dropping. I'd hit the gas and it would do nothing but keep slowing down. Pulled it over and got it towed back home. Once it got off tow truck I got in and it started just fine. Few days later i jumped in it and drove it around the block and was running fine. Later that day i drove it to get some food and it just died in the drive through. Now it no longer starts at all. At first i would try and start it and it would just make the clicking noise like when your battery is dead. So i charged the battery and then it started trying to turn over but will not. I have suspected the alternator as starting to go bad for a while because my battery is always right at the red line. Was curious if anyone had any insight on what could cause these things.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by bseverson34556
Trying to get a little advice on what could be wrong with this very wierd problem i'm having. So to start off i was driving in my car the other day and all of a sudden for no reason the car stalled on me. It just jerked and all my guages bottomed out and my speed started dropping. I'd hit the gas and it would do nothing but keep slowing down. Pulled it over and got it towed back home. Once it got off tow truck I got in and it started just fine. Few days later i jumped in it and drove it around the block and was running fine. Later that day i drove it to get some food and it just died in the drive through. Now it no longer starts at all. At first i would try and start it and it would just make the clicking noise like when your battery is dead. So i charged the battery and then it started trying to turn over but will not. I have suspected the alternator as starting to go bad for a while because my battery is always right at the red line. Was curious if anyone had any insight on what could cause these things.
Idle position sensor?Myo2.If you charged the battery,and got clicking noises,could be a bad starter silnoid,but that won't make your car stall while driving.Kinda sounds fuel related I think.First I would change the gas filter,next the coil wire.If the car ever ran out of gas ,you may have burned up the fuel pump in the tank,fried it,and have to replace it.Hope this helps.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:06 AM

I'll burn my "mechanics license" if this turns out to be fuel related!!!
Old 06-24-2009, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Fatdog2
Idle position sensor?Myo2.If you charged the battery,and got clicking noises,could be a bad starter silnoid,but that won't make your car stall while driving.Kinda sounds fuel related I think.First I would change the gas filter,next the coil wire.If the car ever ran out of gas ,you may have burned up the fuel pump in the tank,fried it,and have to replace it.Hope this helps.
After i charged it it no longer made the clicking noise instead it tried to turn over but wouldn't thus why i'm believing you might be right on the fuel system.

Last edited by bseverson34556; 06-24-2009 at 11:41 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Fatdog2
Well got a mechanic to look at it and found out it was the Ignition Module. Thanks for all the help though guys.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by bseverson34556
Well got a mechanic to look at it and found out it was the Ignition Module. Thanks for all the help though guys.
Who'd have quessed!