Fuel and Ignition Fuel Pumps and Systems, Ignition and Spark Systems

No power to accessories with ignition turned back

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 03:56 PM

No power to accessories with ignition turned back

Well, radio kept losing settings and I was trying to track down what was causing it.
Turns out that I have no power to the accessories when the car is off and turned back to the accessories position in the ignition.
The RAP is fine as the radio and everything stays fine when the car is turned off after running (for the 10 minutes or whatever.)

For some reason I just am not getting any power to the accessories. The lighter works when the car is off no problem. Just when I turn it back I can't roll the windows down, can't get the radio on, etc.

I checked all the underhood fuses and they're good. Checked any fuses on the inside and they are good (though I could use help trying to use a test light to test them as I know of no quick connection tracing back to the negative on the battery.)

Anybody have any clue? Could the radio be drawing too much (all this happened after leaving my tablet hooked up to the USB in my car for a weekend accidentally.) I checked the fuse in the back of the radio before and it seemed fine (no break.) I just want to doublecheck any and all things before disassembling it all and getting the radio out again.

Edit: Found this too- https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/gen...roblem-812976/
Could the ignition switch be burnt out? I'm not sure if this would only affect the accessories when the power is off or in general.

Last edited by unvc92camarors; 07-07-2013 at 04:21 PM.