Fuel and Ignition Fuel Pumps and Systems, Ignition and Spark Systems

Need help please

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 09:47 AM

Re: Need help please

The o2 sensors I am not sure exactly how old they are but they look pretty old, and previous owner drove the car with just the long tubes and the y pipe and said the o2 sensor would give him issues sometimes if the y pipe moved he didn' have exhaust mounted that good, and I put pipes to a muffler and tail pipes on
Old 11-29-2017, 11:39 AM
Administrator

I would replace the O2 sensors if they look old, just for preventive maintenance. Use AC Delco or Delphi. Do not put any thread anti-seize on them. They should come with conductive anti-seize already on them. Do not risk contaminating them with rust penetrant if you used that to remove the old sensors. Anything on the outside of the sensor harness or body can affect the readings, if there is enough of it.

Check the harness wiring. With long tubes, typically harness extensions are required. Make sure they look like something professionally made, and not just hacked together DIY. If someone cut the wires at the sensors and added wire to make up for a short factory harness, do not copy that method. Use high quality extensions.

I'm going to keep looking at the two logs in post #23. Give me a bit more time before you run another log. There's a lot of info in there, and takes a while to look at all of it.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:14 PM

Thank you so much I will buy new sensors and have them put in and wil check forum to see if you have any thing else you want me to try, thanks so much again