Fuel and Ignition Fuel Pumps and Systems, Ignition and Spark Systems

Need expert opinions on fuel line rerouting/hookup

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 08:56 PM

Need expert opinions on fuel line rerouting/hookup

I am installing a supercharger on a 95 lt1 and I did the fuel line mod and welded shut the original hole they came threw... I have them comming up from under the wheel well, up over the power steering and along the fire wall... Couple problems... the original hardware that connects to the fuel rail is a 90 degree piece and point the fuel lines back or forward and kinks the line... secondly I had to cut the fittings off to shorten the lines. One line is supposed to go back into the 90 degree fitting that hooks to the fuel rail and the second fuel line is supposed to fit onto the vortech steel braided line that goes to the fmu. I can't get either fuel line to over the fittings... tried heating them, boiling water, everything! they just won't fit! what are my options at this point to get my fuel lines back together? as soon as I get this done I can finally start my car after months of installing a supercharger! any help is greatly appreciated! thanks
Old 08-25-2007, 06:27 PM

can anyone help???
Old 08-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Lost me when you said you had the lines routed from the wheel well, over the power steering and then back to the firewall. The fuel lines started out at the drivers side fender well. The power steering is at the front/passenger side of the engine. Firewall is in the back. Do you really have the lines routed that way?