Forced Induction Supercharger/Turbocharger

yep...another pcv evac question...lol

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 06:45 PM

yep...another pcv evac question...lol

ok guys...countless hours reading post from up to 7 years ago...head is spinning..lol. i'd appreciate any advice on what i plan on doing.

here's my plan, tell me if i'm doing it right. 94 383 vortech/aftercooled, maf is on the blow side near throttle body. i plan on leaving the stock pcv valve (driver side intake) intact. on the tube from passenger valve cover to throttle body, i plan on running a hose from that valve cover fitting to an oil/air separator (husky one from home depot #401910) and from the separator to the intake/suck side of the vortech intake pipe. i will also plug the hole on the throttle body that was connected to the tube from passenger side valve cover.

i know not the most efficient setup, but hoping it would work for the time being to relieve some crankcase pressure under boost. another question i was wondering about, since it is maf metered air and not running a speed density tune, would the tube running from the passenger side valve cover >> separator >> blower intake suck side tubing matter since the air was already "measured", i would be re-introducing metered air back in front of the maf, would that really affect anything (if that makes sense)?

appreciate it guys...thanks!!

Last edited by jeepbeast; 06-11-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:48 AM

Re: yep...another pcv evac question...lol

If I'm reading what you wrote correctly the system won't work as you're describing it.

You need a supply of fresh metered air and an extraction point for the PCV to function. So far you seem to have two extraction points and no metered air inlet.

I'd invest in a good 3 port catch can instead of an oil/water separator from home depot or whatever. Jury rigging a plastic catch can to save $50 on a $4k+ engine isn't worth it to me. Just my .02