Forced Induction Supercharger/Turbocharger

Lloyd Elliot finished my TFS heads.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 09:54 PM

Lloyd Elliot finished my TFS heads.

Got some nice numbers out of them, CFM wise. These are the first LT1 heads I've seen that would flow over 300cfm at any lift. Admittedly, these only go over 300 at some point after .600 lift but they are at 299 CFM AT
.600 lift.
My current turbo cam goes to .571/.566 lift with the 1.6 rockers but the flows have to be a ton better than these unported Canfields I'm currently using. Plus, the static compression will be better. The Canfields have something like 64cc chambers I think, and these TFS have been milled to provide about a 8.8: compression, which is what my pistons were purchased to yield with the stock ported LT1 castings I had.
I also have a ported intake so that should help too.
Here's the flows that Lloyd sent me..
Lift I/E
.200 146/109
.300 206/144
.400 249/179
.500 285/197
.600 299/212
.700 309/223

These TFS heads will go on sometime in late Winter/early Spring.
Can't wait!
Dave
Old 12-28-2011, 10:00 PM

Re: Lloyd Elliot finished my TFS heads.

Nice Dave! Pics or ban!
Old 12-28-2011, 10:16 PM

those are some awsome numbers i have the 210 afr competion head that flow 311. what size cc are those and can i do anything to get more out of mine?
Old 12-28-2011, 10:24 PM

Hehehe... once they get here, believe me, I will.
I have to still get my exhaust rerouted. I rewelded the downpipe, trying to maximize the ground clearance and provide O2 bungs and Wide band bung too. It's too frickin' cold right now to do anything but I'm hoping to get some welding time soon. I have one of those kerosene shop heaters to help when the wind isn't blowing 90mph (like it is now, lol)
Hope you had a great Christmas Jon!
Originally Posted by RealQuick
Nice Dave! Pics or ban!
Old 12-28-2011, 10:33 PM

Boy, I don't know. Those sound like great peak numbers! You can contact Lloyd and see if he thinks anything is left, other than cutting thru the port roofs and welding/patching. I have no idea what the 210's are capable of in the hands of a great porter. I was able to get great numbers for a great price. I've heard there are some porters out there that can get 325 out of LT1 heads but I heard at the same time that the money paid for that flow was waaay out of my budget. Somewhere between 3K and 5K just for the port work. If I were a dedicated racer, then yeah. I'd do it. But I'm just a street car/fun stuff guy that likes to look stock but run strong. There's reportedly guys out here on the street running 1K plus HP but I can't believe they are getting much of that to the ground on street tires and if they are, it's gotta be hard on the drivetrain. I can beat on mine all day and it just looks back at me saying, "Anything else, Master?", Lol..

Oh.. on the CC's... Lloyd said he milled them down to 58cc. Then using the Cometic gasket (which Lloyd indicates has a compressed height of .036) should net the 8.8:1 static compression ratio for my pistons dish cc.

Sounds like you have a beast on your hands! Any trips to the track or kills or ??

Originally Posted by tt383lt1
those are some awsome numbers i have the 210 afr competion head that flow 311. what size cc are those and can i do anything to get more out of mine?

Last edited by DirtyDaveW; 12-28-2011 at 10:36 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:48 PM

i never been to the track its a street car. i just keep going and going next is bigger injectors 160lb to 200lb and more boost 25 plus. but you pay for it i guess one way or the other and no kills a couple bikes when i leaked boost. but not much races me.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:06 AM

If you don't mind me asking what kind of turn around time to do your heads? I'm going to be sending mine off but wanted to wait till tax return time. If it's going to take a month or two I should probably send them now?
Old 01-04-2012, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by tt383lt1
AFR competition ported 210's are great heads.

311 is what AFR quotes on their website @ .650 lift.

Have you verified that they actually flow that? Are their flow numbers accurate?

I know you cant go entirely off of flow numbers (bench racers) to determine how fast a car is going to be.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by dizwiz24
AFR competition ported 210's are great heads.

311 is what AFR quotes on their website @ .650 lift.

Have you verified that they actually flow that? Are their flow numbers accurate?

I know you cant go entirely off of flow numbers (bench racers) to determine how fast a car is going to be.
One known problem with their flow numbers is that they use a bigger bore than our engines have and they also lose flow if/when they mill heads to make the chambers smaller to get the right compression for a NA car. So what they flow on their bench is probably not what they will flow on an LT1.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:43 PM

I asked him the same question(turnaround time) and he said 2 weeks for mine (I supplied some used TFS heads and an intake) for the cleaning, porting, assembling.

He'll get started when you supply at least 75% the money for your agreed upon work/parts.

Originally Posted by Mystery Bird
If you don't mind me asking what kind of turn around time to do your heads? I'm going to be sending mine off but wanted to wait till tax return time. If it's going to take a month or two I should probably send them now?
Old 01-04-2012, 10:54 PM

Lloyd says his flow bench is conservative, but I flowed a set of his converted Dart heads, and they flowed almost exactly what he said they did, maybe just a tad more.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:39 AM

pics?
Old 01-09-2012, 03:03 PM

If you mean me, then I will when they get here. Still waiting for them to arrive. It's a long way from TX to Upstate NY

Meanwhile, I've been redoing my exhaust system with some pristine 3" mandrell bends, all in the quest to get some ground clearance back. I bought a oxy-acetylene setup that has the mid size bottles and I have to say, I'm getting pretty good at welding with this setup. Much better looking welds and no burn thru's like the Harbor Freight Flux MIG welder. I can actually manage a good 'puddle' now!

I've ordered the TF guide plates and all my gaskets (head, intake, TB, Headers), Bronze gear for the cam/oil drive and all the attendant lubes/sealers. If this great weather would hold up, I'd probably go put the heads on but I'm seeing the forecast is calling for more 'normal' weather soon. Ah well... Spring should be sweet!!!!

Jon, have you got a car/motor that's coming together soon?

pics?
Old 01-09-2012, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by DirtyDaveW
If you mean me, then I will when they get here. Still waiting for them to arrive. It's a long way from TX to Upstate NY

Meanwhile, I've been redoing my exhaust system with some pristine 3" mandrell bends, all in the quest to get some ground clearance back. I bought a oxy-acetylene setup that has the mid size bottles and I have to say, I'm getting pretty good at welding with this setup. Much better looking welds and no burn thru's like the Harbor Freight Flux MIG welder. I can actually manage a good 'puddle' now!

I've ordered the TF guide plates and all my gaskets (head, intake, TB, Headers), Bronze gear for the cam/oil drive and all the attendant lubes/sealers. If this great weather would hold up, I'd probably go put the heads on but I'm seeing the forecast is calling for more 'normal' weather soon. Ah well... Spring should be sweet!!!!

Jon, have you got a car/motor that's coming together soon?
Dave, sounds good. I thought you might have got the heads by now.

I am slowly working on my car. Took the stock LT1 heads off the 383 and trying to sell the shop car kit (T76 header kit). I bought some new goodies:

CNC AFR227's with 1.6 shaft mounts
LT4 intake
58mm Summit TB
80# injectors
Twin intanks
AEM Wideband (based on your recommendation)
PTE88 .96 A/r - need to build a new kit for it
New radiator/fans (removed the top rad support and reworked it)
Old 01-09-2012, 03:18 PM

Sounds great! I hope you, Geoff, Jason and I can get our cars finished and then have a get together this Summer

Dave, sounds good. I thought you might have got the heads by now.

I am slowly working on my car. Took the stock LT1 heads off the 383 and trying to sell the shop car kit (T76 header kit). I bought some new goodies:

CNC AFR227's with 1.6 shaft mounts
LT4 intake
58mm Summit TB
80# injectors
Twin intanks
AEM Wideband (based on your recommendation)
PTE88 .96 A/r - need to build a new kit for it
New radiator/fans (removed the top rad support and reworked it)

Quick Reply: Lloyd Elliot finished my TFS heads.