Forced Induction Supercharger/Turbocharger

Jet Technologies Superchargers

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 12:27 AM

Jet Technologies Superchargers

Hello people! Has anyone heard of Jet Technologies superchargers? They sound interesting with a hand full of kit you can get. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1700-...4454QQtcZphoto
Old 01-19-2008, 10:06 AM

these were popping up on ebay like a year or 2 years ago, i emailed the seller who supposedly made the kits, and he got kinda sketchy when i asked to see pics of the kit and some of his answers didnt make sense like he had no idea how a supercharger worked. it looks cheaply made and will probably have clearance issues and seize up lol considering you can get a used procharger/vortech for around that price i wouldnt bother or go turbo like the real men lol
Old 01-19-2008, 10:37 AM

When thinking about a Supercharger (or Turbo for that matter) price is something to consider, but only after you know that the supercharger has been proven time and time again and will be a reliable power maker. Any major companies have acheived this such as Vortec and ATI, and to a lesser extent Powerdyne.

Jet Technologies does not sound or look like anything I would trust to be put under the hood of any cars I own.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by CALL911
When thinking about a Supercharger (or Turbo for that matter) price is something to consider, but only after you know that the supercharger has been proven time and time again and will be a reliable power maker. Any major companies have acheived this such as Vortec and ATI, and to a lesser extent Powerdyne.

Jet Technologies does not sound or look like anything I would trust to be put under the hood of any cars I own.
Thats what I have a problem with. They haven't been out long enough to know for sure if they are good although I have talked to the seller and he has had one on his car for 4 years and likes it. He also was sure to tell me that all the internals are of high quality. Everyone starts out somewhere.

A just got Adom's number, the one makeing the supercharger. I will give him a call and find out what the scoop is.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:56 PM

people have also had luck running SSAutochrome stuff but the majority of the time its crap and the turbo fails and the welds bust. id be more interested in finding someone else who has no interest in making money off you who is running one and getting their opinion. it might be just fine, but do you really wanna be the test pilot when their are proven setups out there for similiar cash?
Old 01-19-2008, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by subarubill96
people have also had luck running SSAutochrome stuff but the majority of the time its crap and the turbo fails and the welds bust. id be more interested in finding someone else who has no interest in making money off you who is running one and getting their opinion. it might be just fine, but do you really wanna be the test pilot when their are proven setups out there for similiar cash?
I couldn't agree more. No one who is selling their product is going to tell you "it really is junk, but I'm trying to profit from it, so please buy it anyways". Not saying thats what this supercharger is exactly, but my guess is if he has truely had it on his car for 4 years now, and been selling them for that long if not longer, and you have never heard of them being used on an F-body before, there's probably a good reason for it, as it is probably junk.

Find several people who have used it for long periods of time with great success and who won't profit in some way from you getting one, and then I would be more comfortable.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:17 PM

if you actually read through the ebay ad, its kinda scary
" The more built your engine is, the more power it will produce! - umm, wouldnt the pulley you run do that?? this must be a magic supercharger that can sense forged pistons and healthy a/f ratios so it doesnt blow your motor
"Can free flow through the supercharger for those who want to run supercharged only part-time (wtf??), although we have been running this unit full-time on daily drivers with no detrimental effects to either the supercharger or the engine" - that right there is what i was talking about when i said it sounded like they dont know wtf they are talking about,
so the unit works on daily drivers without exploding, good for you lol

"have had a Jet Technologies Supercharger in my personal daily driver, an SVX, for about four years now, and I LOVE it! -
The power is great, and it comes on smoothly.
On my set up I have about 3 PSI boost by 2500 RPM, and 5 PSI by 3500 RPM, and by 6500 I'm hitting 12 PSI! -ya right, id love to see proof, the SVX is a high compression motor (10.5 to 1 i think) people have HUGE issues (have to pull timing like crazy making the motor a dog off boost) at 5 psi let alone 12
yea i kinda went on a tangent but basically i dont wanna see you get ripped and then be like wtf when it blows up and takes your motor with you
Old 01-19-2008, 07:21 PM

if you actually read through the ebay ad, its kinda scary
" The more built your engine is, the more power it will produce! - umm, wouldnt the pulley you run do that?? this must be a magic supercharger that can sense forged pistons and healthy a/f ratios so it doesnt blow your motor
"Can free flow through the supercharger for those who want to run supercharged only part-time (wtf??), although we have been running this unit full-time on daily drivers with no detrimental effects to either the supercharger or the engine" - that right there is what i was talking about when i said it sounded like they dont know wtf they are talking about,
so the unit works on daily drivers without exploding, good for you lol

"have had a Jet Technologies Supercharger in my personal daily driver, an SVX, for about four years now, and I LOVE it! -
The power is great, and it comes on smoothly.
On my set up I have about 3 PSI boost by 2500 RPM, and 5 PSI by 3500 RPM, and by 6500 I'm hitting 12 PSI! -ya right, id love to see proof, the SVX is a high compression motor (10.5 to 1 i think) people have HUGE issues (have to pull timing like crazy making the motor a dog off boost) at 5 psi let alone 12
yea i kinda went on a tangent but basically i dont wanna see you get ripped and then be like wtf when it blows up and takes your motor with you
I hear you. You kind of went into the deep end and didn't come back. LOL. I don't want it to blow either thats why I am doing this research.

Talking to him, I know what he means by the more motor you have the more power it will make but with a larger pulley because a better built motor can breath alot batter.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by rtracy
I hear you. You kind of went into the deep end and didn't come back. LOL. I don't want it to blow either thats why I am doing this research.

Talking to him, I know what he means by the more motor you have the more power it will make but with a larger pulley because a better built motor can breath alot batter.
unless of course your ENGINE (motor = electric) has the possibility of flowing more than the s/c i the first place.

There is NO such thing as forced induction. All the newbs need to get this into their head.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by LT1-TA
unless of course your ENGINE (motor = electric) has the possibility of flowing more than the s/c i the first place.

There is NO such thing as forced induction. All the newbs need to get this into their head.
And GOD has spoken.....
Old 01-19-2008, 08:36 PM

"Can free flow through the supercharger for those who want to run supercharged only part-time (wtf??)...
In theory, that could be possible if a system is implemented that would decouple the supercharger, but I would doubt this kit had such an expensive head unit with innovative technologies. But, you never know.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by rtracy
And GOD has spoken.....
Man where was i when i typed that. lol.. THere is no such thing as cheap forced induction. haha
Old 01-20-2008, 01:07 AM

for sure dude, cheap forced induction equals blown motor. ask me how i know
Old 01-20-2008, 07:17 AM

for sure dude, cheap forced induction equals blown motor. ask me how i know
And how do you know? Serious, what happen?
Old 01-20-2008, 10:04 AM

You get what you pay for.

Any forced induction system is not going to be a cheap investment, but if you have decided to go the F.I. route, then stick with a name that has proven results as Call911 said eariler. You'll also find that at some point you will need some technical help and/or customer service. This is something that the successful companies provide and they do it well. Not usually the case with "off brand" companies.

Quick Reply: Jet Technologies Superchargers