Forced Induction Supercharger/Turbocharger

Cheap turbo kit on ebay...any good?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 02:42 PM

Cheap turbo kit on ebay...any good?

Wow its been awhile since ive been on here...basicly abandoned the ta in the back yard. But anyways my dad has a 73 camaro with a 350 and a 4 speed. Its pretty much stock but he wants to turbo it. Not worried if it just blows up, good reason to build bigger.

Ok now my question, i found this turbo kit on ebay, but it seems almost to cheap to be anygood. What do you guys think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SBC-V...Q5fAccessories
Old 11-06-2009, 06:24 PM

that kit has gotta lot of stuff in it u couldnt buy everything separate for that price , usally its the turbo u gotta worry about in those kits there usally chinese knock offs , but then again i know a few people that have bought these kit and have had ZERO problems from them. not everything of ebay is junk most people on this site think it is,

the low boost that kit would be running at u wouldnt have any issues ,except u would need what they call a blow threw carb for that early sbc and there kinda pricy unless u go efi or aftermarket TBI like accel DFI
Old 11-07-2009, 10:48 PM

Ya i was planning on the carb. From what you said its pretty much what he is looking for. It looks pretty complete and we are good at farbrication for anything that would come up. He is just looking for some cheap power that isnt nitrous. If this kit would make 500 horse or so id say it would be well worth the 1500 bucks.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:51 AM

you can do a few mods to the carb you have to make it work with a blow through setup...look in google books
Old 11-08-2009, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jameslt1TA
Wow its been awhile since ive been on here...basicly abandoned the ta in the back yard. But anyways my dad has a 73 camaro with a 350 and a 4 speed. Its pretty much stock but he wants to turbo it. Not worried if it just blows up, good reason to build bigger.

Ok now my question, i found this turbo kit on ebay, but it seems almost to cheap to be anygood. What do you guys think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SBC-V...Q5fAccessories
You get what you pay for... remember that.

With that in mind though, you get a ton of parts that are probably useable for a good price. turbos are probably crap, and the manifolds are set up for t3turbos, IC is too small, you will need to fab your own DP's and cold side (cold side is easy because of silicone couplers).

If you need any help with finding a kit, let me know. I did PT88 hotparts for a 74 Camaro:

Name:  DSC01469.jpg
Views: 6518
Size:  83.9 KB
Name:  DSC01470.jpg
Views: 2172
Size:  82.3 KB
Old 11-13-2009, 04:59 PM

looks pretty nice. But i think we may have decided to go a different direction. My dad wants to buy the motor out of my ta. I figured ive built two lt1s now i need to learn the joy of swaying it into and old car. btw my ta's exterior is beat to hell and not really worth fixing.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by RealQuick

Wow! This is some setup! What are the specs on this setup and how much would something like this cost? I have deep pockets just unsure what to do. My hawk is collecting dust in my garage.

Obviously this is not for a stock hood correct?
Old 12-06-2009, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Rob94hawk
Wow! This is some setup! What are the specs on this setup and how much would something like this cost? I have deep pockets just unsure what to do. My hawk is collecting dust in my garage.

Obviously this is not for a stock hood correct?

that will definitely fit under the stock hood as the intake manifold is higher then the headers. Shoot me an email discussing what your goals are and we can discuss kits. FYI, this is a PT88 setup for a 74 camaro.