Forced Induction Supercharger/Turbocharger

blowers + spray, fuel pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 06:16 PM

blowers + spray, fuel pressure?

I am getting ready to put a little naawwzz on top of the twin turbo setup. Just curious if anyone can recommend the fuel pressure setup? I figure since it will be spraying into the intake tract under boost, the FP will need to be raised to compensate. I plan to use a boost referenced regulator, and raise it 1 to 1, or just set the fuel pressure 12 psi higher to equal the boost.

I may just use the gauge port on the existing regulator, and feed the solenoid off that (that is how I had it in the N/A mode before)

That way it will see the increase under boost, just like the rest of the motor...

I had originally planned on using a seperate fuel system for the spray, but since I will never need it on the street, I'll just run race gas at the track when I spray.

Any thoughts, comments?

The nitrous is a single NX Shark nozzle, jetted to 100 hp, just FYI.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:07 PM

i'd start off with a little less ...like 40 or 50 shot
Old 04-19-2004, 09:16 PM

I was wondering about the same thing. I am running a p600b procharger with an FMU, and have a nitrous works plate system that I took off the car.....

Sooner or later the combo will come togeather I just dont know if the pressure drop from the nitrous solenoid is going to be too much and lean the motor out go boom.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:24 PM

I am not sure what you are asking. Most any SC setup will need a vacuum (boost) referenced regulator. The fuel jet should be fed from the regulator, just like the injectors. That way, the fuel delivery will be proportional to the jet size and not vary with manifold presure. If you do need to change your base fuel pressure, you will need to recalculate the size of the fuel jet to compensate. For example, my base FP is ~55psi, so I use a smaller fuel jet than I would need if my base FP were stock. There are nitrous calculators you can use to figure this out.

Is that what you were asking?

Rich Krause
Old 04-19-2004, 09:43 PM

Originally posted by rskrause
I am not sure what you are asking. Most any SC setup will need a vacuum (boost) referenced regulator. The fuel jet should be fed from the regulator, just like the injectors. That way, the fuel delivery will be proportional to the jet size and not vary with manifold presure. If you do need to change your base fuel pressure, you will need to recalculate the size of the fuel jet to compensate. For example, my base FP is ~55psi, so I use a smaller fuel jet than I would need if my base FP were stock. There are nitrous calculators you can use to figure this out.

Is that what you were asking?

Rich Krause
Pretty much.

I figured I would have to increase the FP in relation to the boost, just like the injectors need. I figure the nos side has enough PSI that it won't make much difference.

So I will hook it back up the same way I had it before, t'd off the gauge port on the regulator. Should be plenty of fuel for the little 100 shot.

My base is the same as stock, 38-40, and goes up to 52-54 at 12 psi of boost. The NX jets were sized for stock WOT FP (43.5) so it should be ok. If it looks like it is going way rich, then I will have to change the gas jet to correct.

Thanks for the reply; pretty much reaffirmed what I was thinking.