Exhaust System From headers to exhaust tips

Header Gaskets

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 04:57 PM

Header Gaskets

I've been doing some reading on the Headers Gaskets. A lot of people liked Percys ( not sure if its the Seal for Good or the Dead Soft Aluminum ) but I also read some people had problems with them and used the Remflex Gaskets. I'm not an expert at all in this area so all I can go by are what some of the review have been and they are mixed so I'm not sure what to do. Definitely don't want to buy cheap gaskets and have to do this again.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:48 PM
Administrator

Re: Header Gaskets

Fel-Pro 1406 LT1 D-port gaskets, ARP stainless header bolts. Or Mr. Gasket copper gaskets. I have had no leaks with them. Never tried the Percy's on the heads. Did use them on the collector Flange, where it can be very difficult to achieve a flat face on the flange.

Before you install the headers, put a straight edge on the face of the header flange and make sure it is absolutely flat, not bent, no dips, bumps, twists or waves. If it isn't perfectly flat, it is unlikely it will ever achieve a leak-free seal. I have AS&M mid-lengths, bought used from a buddy, and he had the flanges planed flat before the install.