East South Central Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Tennessee

VA/MD/DC RideForPride, remembering 9/11

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 06:43 PM

VA/MD/DC RideForPride, remembering 9/11

This is my post on FBodyHideout........

This year the F-Body Hideout will hold it's 5th Annual Ride For Pride, in rememberance of the events of September 11, 2001. This is a cruise around the Washington D.C. Capital Beltway, and then to the Pentagon. This cruise was first held in 2002, and led by it's founder, Terminator X, previously posting as Kid Roush/Ragin Roush. It has been held every year since, and draws people from near and far. This will be my third time participating, and I must say, it's a moving experience. So if you want to participate, then gather with us this year.

These are previous years rides: 2003, 2004, 2005.

When: Saturday, September 9, 2006. The Ride will depart at 2PM. Some of us will arrive around noon to chat, detail cars, etc. Please make your plans so you arrive at the staging area no later than 1:30PM. Once on the Beltway, the cruise will take roughly 1.5 to 2 hours to complete, and cover a distance of about 80 miles. Please make sure you have enough gas before you arrive.

Staging area: Cameron Run Regional Park, 4001 Eisenhower Ave., Alexandria, Virginia. I decided on this location because of it's easy access to the Beltway(495/I95N). Last years ride was broken up badly as we passed through 'Old Town' Alexandria, and with the current construction ongoing at the Wilson Bridge, Cameron Run seems a logical choice. http://www.nvrpa.org/cameron.html

Directions to Cameron Run: To reach Cameron Run from the Beltway (I-95 on the Virginia section of the Beltway), take exit 174 Eisenhower Avenue Connector and turn right on Eisenhower Ave. Continue 1/2 mile to the park on the left.

Vehicle requirement: Any American muscle car, sports car, hot rod.

If you want, bring an American flag to fly from your vehicle, or something to put on your vehicle that shows what the ride is for, or something to say hello and give support to our troops, etc.

Also, lets get lots of pictures and video, maybe we could put the videos on DVD/CD/VHS and send it as part of a 'care package' to a relative/friend/unit serving abroad; reference the 'Moto Mail' thread posted in the F-Body Hideout Lounge, it is stickied up top so it's easy to find.

If you post on other boards and would like to help spread the word, by all means go for it. Lets make this a big turn-out, so no one will doubt that the American muscle car enthusiast remembers 9/11.

Last edited by 87FBodyZ28; 07-17-2006 at 06:52 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:06 AM

Re: VA/MD/DC RideForPride, remembering 9/11

awesome i dea....my ex gf lives in Great Falls....her father has a few exotics....if i was still seein her i would drive down from mass stay with her and do it but shes gone!!! awesome idea tho man maybe just maybe i will come down...prolly not tho