Drivetrain Clutch, Torque Converter, Transmission, Driveline, Axles, Rear Ends

starting problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 12:43 AM

starting problem

Please be patient and read

yesterday i went to start my car, and it grinded a little bit then started, it did that a couple more times, then stopped starting all together, iw as like WTF, then it started doing a little whining noise when i tried to start it, right away , i knew starter, BUT, it was changed out last december, AND 2 months ago , i got under the car and was checkin out the starter and it was still kicking but i just went and bought a cheap used one anyway and it worked at first, and then the next time i went to start it, it wouldnt start, it just did one click and that was it, wtf?!, then i had to push start it to get home, i got home, and now it starts but now when it starts it takes a little while for it to actually start, like a second delay or so, im getting the old starter rebuilt tomorrow, hopefully itll fix the prob, i dont know whats up w it though, and do u guys have any ideas about y the starter keeps on goin out soo soon? one more mistake i made and ill see what u guys think, when i went to check out the flywheel, i accidently got a thick shim stuck in it, then i tried to get the magnet to get it out and the end of the magnet broke off in it , i went to start it, and bamclickclank noises for a while, i came home, and had someone hold up the cover while i reved it to try to bust the shim out, out of know where, it got LOUD and then went away, all the sound went away, i think my car ate it , lol, then when i changed the starter today, it started makin gnoise again, i think the magnet might still be in there? it sounds like pop corn, just not loud, and the faster i go the quicker its poppin around, what do u guys think? u think its just the magnet? if so , howTF can i get that out? its annoying the Sh*t out of me sorry for the lengthy thread, just wanted to be thorough, thanks everyone for being pateitn and reading it , i appreciate the help
thanks
patrick