Drivetrain Clutch, Torque Converter, Transmission, Driveline, Axles, Rear Ends

question? transgo shift kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 10:14 AM

question? transgo shift kit

i'm going to be installing this in acouple weeks. now the directions make it out to sound like you can downshift at any rpm/speed. now i can't see you being at any rpm/speed and shifting down into 3rd in a auto and not blowing up the motor. so what do they exactly mean by that? it would be cool to beable too though
Old 05-14-2005, 10:49 AM

Re: question? transgo shift kit

Where are you at in Ohio, and I think they mean with reason, I wouldnt downshift into 1st a 75 mph, but thats just me.

-Dustin-
Old 05-14-2005, 02:46 PM

I live in good old Youngstown/westside. i'm more less in Austintown. so lets say i'm in 4th and going 45-55mile an hr would it hurt if i shifted down into third?
Old 05-14-2005, 02:49 PM

also what does the part in your sig mean- hot blonde/TA? i know what the T-A stand for. just telling us what ya like?
Old 05-14-2005, 03:03 PM

Well, I shift down into 3rd from that speed now, it hasnt hurt anything, like coming off and off ramp I'll take it down to third from 45 or so. The electronic part of the tranny is made to do such a thing, I just think the transgo makes downshifting more durable.

I am in Youngstown alot, I was here for school the whole year at YSU, but now I am at home in Salem. My g/f is still up there so I am around alot. I am actually typing from Y-town right now. I also work at Best Buy in Boardman in addition to my job in Salem, at least for the moment.

My G/F is a Hot Blonde and "w/T&A" just means with those as being extra things she has, kinda like a 4L60E with Trango and TQ converter. She is the best mod for my car, its a cosmetic mod, hell she even helps install stuff with me, opti, wp, tb bypass, etc.

Let me know if your ever out doing stuff, I'll be doing a transgo with my TC soon too, perhaps youll have to give me some tips or a hand. Like dont lose the little steel *****, etc.

Oh, and make a signature so we can see what your car has done...whats it look like, etc? Maybe I have seen you around?

-Dustin-
Old 05-14-2005, 04:37 PM

well not sure how to make a sig never looked into it. i doubt you have seen my car around since i never drive it- haha. garage queen.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:43 PM

Go to the top to user cp and on the left hand side it will say edit singature. Click that and have at it. Well whats it look like? It needs out of the garage, you may not be alive to tomorrow so why not go have some fun today?

Its ok my dad's 57 Chevy is a garage queen too, although I am going to stop his **** talking the next time he gets it out

-Dustin-
Old 05-14-2005, 04:48 PM

okay sig should be up- i didn't list everything not enough room. yeah i love my car but also love the fact it looks like it was just built yesterday at the plant. only way to keep a car clean and nice is to not drive it. it nevers sees rain or snow. it is metalic burgendy with racing black 30th racing stripes up the hood and the spoiler. i also have SLP chrome ten spokes, well guess i can't be the only one in the area with good taste tell your girlfriend to hook me up with a hot friend. no where to meet nice girls anymore they all live at the bars.....
Old 05-14-2005, 04:52 PM

i know some people you work with at best buy- a kid named Tim Russel -Nick Barthomal-Melissa Danver. they went to school with me.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:55 PM

Well the first two must not work in my department, but I am sure I know them by face. We have like 3 melissa's I am think the one you know works at customer service.

If you want to get the car out sometime let me know. Do you ever go to the track or out cruisin?

When did you graduate?

-Dustin-
Old 05-14-2005, 05:03 PM

well right now i'm still doing some stuff to it. might beable to get it out to Hot Rods. but i hate it, to many people out messing around and i'm very **** bout my car. worried bout someone bumping into me i would grab them by the neck. yes melissa does work in customer service. i grad in 97. nah i took the car to the track years ago when it was stock and ran a 14.0. i'm not comfortable racing the car at the track. basically i baby the car, make it fast for me and don't care if it just sits in my garage nice and clean i work alot and crappy hrs so not much time to drive or cruise around. have my own house so always have to cut the grass or do stuff with my landscape. why when did you grad? maybe we could meet up somewhere for Hot Rods. tell your girl to bring some single friends - wink-wink
Old 05-14-2005, 05:11 PM

i'm sure you have seen my buddies car-2000 Silver GTP-hood, spoiler, loud exhaust... he has acouple things done. best run is a 14.0.