Drivetrain Clutch, Torque Converter, Transmission, Driveline, Axles, Rear Ends

Clutch going too far?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 02:33 PM

Clutch going too far?

97 Camaro LT1, m6. new motor, new clutch, pressure plate, TOB, and slave cylinder. Im starting the car up, and when I press the clutch to the floor I hear chattering, I believe is the TOB. If I bring it up just a tad the noise goes away and I can shift the car. I believe the slave is over engaging the clutch fork but I may be wrong. I was wondering if there was a way to add washers to the slave cylinder to back it away some? The flywheel has been re surfaced but I never had this problem before. Also, the slave is brand new, but Ive installed and removed it a bunch of times trying to fix this, and the push rod is just floating inside the slave, should it be this way? I can still pump the rod up and down but I dunno if I broke it some way. I feel like I have to make sure the rod is aligned before I install it and cant tell if I maybe broke it while it was out? Any info would be a great deal as this is the only thing keeping me from taking it off the jackstands and driving it my first time with the new motor. Its a 95 LT1 engine but that should be irrevelant. Thanks guys.
Danny