Drivetrain Clutch, Torque Converter, Transmission, Driveline, Axles, Rear Ends

actual limp home, odd that it resets when its shut off

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 11:56 PM

actual limp home, odd that it resets when its shut off

My car is trying to drive me crazy, @ least I think it is. Here's the deal, the car was working fine, went into limp home mode, I changed out the absolute pressure manifold, the A,B shift solenoids, the 3-2 solenoid, the pressure switch assembly, and then the car ran like it was supposed to for a day. Before changing all of that, the car would start and have all forward gears and reverse, but as soon as it would shift into second, if I continued driving and didn't stop it would be fine, don't know if it had od or not. But I could shut the car off and it would shift like it should again, until I had to stop. So after I stop it goes to 3rd, 2nd if I manually put it into it. Now this entire time I couldn't get any codes from it, and it didn't set an ses light. I checked to see if the system was working by disconnecting the maf, and it ses an ses and turned the fans on. Cleared that code and reconnected the maf. Changed the parts in the tranny, it worked for a day, then back into default. The pan was pretty clean, the usual material on the magnet, actually less than I expected. So it's back to the way it was, start it, fine, 1st is there, stop, 3rd gear, 2nd if I put it there. This could be a wire, a short, a bad ground, or anything, shoebox said I should see if it was reading the selected gear properly, I will check that and post exactly what he said. So I'm looking for ideas, what could it be? Should I start @ the top again, maf, map, tps, ait, iac, rusty connections, possible burnt wires by the headers, what about under the dash? Had an after market alarm removed a while ago, and started getting intermittent security light since then. Never thought a lot about it, but now I am. I need to get this beast running, any help is appreciated. Sorry for the book, just passing along all the info that I think is relevant.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:01 AM

Re: actual limp home, odd that it resets when its shut off

Shoe box said I should see if the park neutral position is being read correctly. The scanner I have access too doesn't have the ability to show that as far as I know. Will check into that to make sure tomorrow. Just wanted to be clear on what shoebox suggested.