Drag Racing Technique Improve your track times

Restalling Vigilante 3200 for the strip - 3600 /4000?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bersaglieri
I'll be moving back home whenever Uncle Sam allows, until then I'll be doing my racing at 4500ft+ I'm probably going to trailer it over to Texas and hit some lower tracks over there when I can.

Piece of the Z, is that right... Handyman better start spraying and put you in your place How bout Cantonracer, I havent heard an update on his car in a while...he should be some stiff competition.

-Dustin-

Handyman has left the game - he's a show car now. Too many of his ''victims'' started modifying their cars so now he won't show up

Cantonracer is still sitting on his car, doesn't have the time to finish it up right now.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:37 PM

Dang, and Grease is done, so your outta people to **** talk to...I'll be your Huckleberry

BTW, SPEED2MUCH is back in A-town. I guess someone stabbed a hooker and she stumbled through their front door the other day. We occasionally get a PC game going online to catch up once a week.

Either way good to hear from you

I figured Handyman would just add some juice and aim for 10's.

-Dustin-

Last edited by Bersaglieri; 08-24-2009 at 11:43 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:44 PM

Well I'm not from Ohio but I have been in the LT1 game as long as most of these guys and finally found enough time to finish my T/A with a 383 LT1 project and it feels great having my car up and running again. I plan on dynoing the car this week Wednesday or Thursday. Friday I warmed up the car, checked all the fluids and transbraked it in my parking lot, boy did it feel good, it currently stalls to 4400rpms on the T-brake which should be just right for a converter that stalls enough to run good times on the motor and spray 200+hp n2o w/o driving thru it. I also drove the car around a little and drives really good for a 4k converter so I am happy to have my T/A running and plan on going back to the track this weekend or next. The car had been parked for about 18months so I just need to go over the enitre car and check all the nuts/bolts but most everything is new or been rebuilt like trans rebuilt/ converter sent to get checked out and it was perfect, complete new (JE) 12.1 compression pistons, forged eagle rotating assembly,balanced, and built by me, Lloyd Elliott heads SR cam setup (stock castings) shaft mounts, Jethot headers, 3" x-pipe custom exhaust and Madman just installed a Wolfe antirollbar & scaled the car. I ordered a set of 42# Lucas injectors that are supposed to be in Wednesday so I can hit the dyno on Thursday and if all goes well, I will go run the car on Friday nite. The car is finally setup the way i wanted so with some testing I am expecting to run mid 10's or better on the motor and deep 9's on 250HP! I'll let you guys know how the dyno goes this week and if I make it to the track i'll have some pics and or video. I will post some pics tommorow of the car. later Clint