Drag Racing Technique Improve your track times

new world record 60'

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 07:40 PM

Re: new world record 60'

i have some video of it i think...is it green?

saw him at darlington last month...carried the wheels a good ways!
Old 02-11-2005, 07:42 AM

okay, how about a new time of 1.239?
same car same setup
Old 02-11-2005, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Raptor1
a 1.24 60' is still impressive
Old 02-11-2005, 06:28 PM

Aright...I guess I missed the memo, but what makes the car "stock suspended"? It's got adj. shocks and an aftermarket torque arm...aren't those suspension peices? Somebody help me out
Old 02-12-2005, 07:01 AM

Aftermarket K member, coil-overs, 4 link, back half, tube frame - those are things I consider "non stock". Replacing factory suspension pieces like shocks, LCA's, torque arms, etc. with better quality hardware still leaves the car with the stock unibody and suspension configuration. JMO
Old 02-12-2005, 10:43 AM

Good thing we race for 1320 ft.

Congrats on your 60
Old 02-12-2005, 11:15 AM

Holy hell that's a wicked-quick 60'!

Doin' us LT-folk proud, congrats!
Old 02-12-2005, 05:54 PM
GP Moderator

Originally Posted by Raptor1
Aftermarket K member, coil-overs, 4 link, back half, tube frame - those are things I consider "non stock". Replacing factory suspension pieces like shocks, LCA's, torque arms, etc. with better quality hardware still leaves the car with the stock unibody and suspension configuration. JMO
Should be refered to as stock STYLE suspension. Though IMO that includes K-members, as their suspension mounting points are the same as a stock K-member (I believe most of the stock style suspension classes agree with this). But a few things get kind of iffy, and I'm not sure how most classes agree with these:

- Aftermarket torque arms that mount to the frame rather than the tranny. I'm sure most/all classes allow this, as it's the only real way to go fast safely
- Rear coilover setups that use factory mounting points (this is sketchy to me, I dunno)
- Mini-tubs w/ narrowed rears when running factory mounting points for everything.

Of course a ladder bar, 4-link, etc. are NOT stock style in the least bit.
Old 02-13-2005, 06:46 AM

An after market K member may use stock mounting points, but it replaces part of the original frame/unibody structure.

Aftermarket torque arms that mount to the frame are not allowed in NHRA Stock Eliminator, nor is K member, aftermarket LCA's or the other things mentioned. So I may have to re-think my position. If the suspension of the car conforms to the rule book for Stock Eliminator, then I consider it "stock suspension". If it doesn't, then it is not a "stock suspension" car.

Stock STYLE suspension is another debate. IMO this would include the K member (stock mounting points), frame mounted torque arm (it's still using a torque arm), coil overs (as long as they are in the stock location), etc.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:58 AM

well maybe i should reword the claim but the bottom line is:
9" rear w/3:73, stock pan hard, boxed stock LCA's, after market TQ arm, hal shocks, 28X10.5 slick and and lt-1 motor. if you have these components and a quicker 60' please let me know. if not, well keep trying.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by tubby
9" rear w/3:73, stock pan hard, boxed stock LCA's, after market TQ arm, hal shocks, 28X10.5 slick and and lt-1 motor. if you have these components and a quicker 60' please let me know. if not, well keep trying.
For all practicle purposes I would consider that as stock suspension, though it wouldn't pass for that under Stock Eliminator rules. However, if he used a 12 bolt instead of a 9" and a stock tq. arm (even if it's been cut and re-welded to adjust the pinion angle) he probably would pass assuming the rest of the suspension is stock. Boxed stock LCA's are allowed. Btw, sub frame connectors are allowed and even encouraged because they consider it a safety feature.

Don't get me wrong, I said I was impressed when this thread first started and I still am. As I see it there's nothing here you have to defend. To the contrary: Like you said, if someone is doing better with the same or less than what John has to work with, let them roll up to the line and prove it
Old 02-15-2005, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by tubby
First off, that's a nice 60'! Congrats.

Secondly, boiling it down to fastest certain car with certain parts on a certain day in a certain color with a certain shiftknob with a certain motor oil is pretty lame. That's exaggerating things, but you get the idea. This used to happen ALOT on LS1.com with bolton cars. If you get specific enough, you're going to have some kind of record.

With all of that in mind, nice job .

Ryan
Old 02-15-2005, 07:35 PM

yeah, i get your point there. still, like to see some people chime in with better times. come on i know you're out there.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:17 PM

Thats a good sixty, what trans is this car running and what stall? I have the record for fastest all factory stock suspension, stock decarbon shocks on a 93 LT1 TA on silver ZR1s with Brent Franker center caps and shaved moldings.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:32 PM

wtf.since when did a 60 foot time mean anything?i thought the race was for 1320 feet,not 60 feet,and who says thats a record????typical folk these days,just like in all sports,you just make up stats or records to say you have a record..whats next 100 foot times??200?

Quick Reply: new world record 60'