Drag Racing Technique Improve your track times

Mcleod is in 497 miles away from racing ;) anyone goin' to Grand Bend this weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 11:36 PM

Location: Windsor, Canada: Home of the FASTEST LT1 & LS1 6 spds :)
Thumbs up Mcleod is in 497 miles away from racing ;) anyone goin' to Grand Bend this weekend?

i need 500 miles before i can race it, city miles to boot! DAMN!!!! oh well you gotta do whatcha gotta do.

car is running, whew! i have to be up in 3 hrs to drive... the car to toronto for work, this way i can get some clicks on it. trans and clutch went in fine, until i turned the key! mcleod sent a complete new pressure plate, it had studs for arp nuts to bolt it up. the last one i had only had bolts, well when i cranked the motor the i felt and hear some bad noises..... hmmmm ended up being the fork was hitting the top of the studs
so pull the trans again and yank out fork and whip out the grinder, i notched them put back the trans, thanks to Roman and Randy!!!!! and away we went, Roman also tracked down some bare wires causing a fuse to keep blowing.
went for a drive and wow i have a clutch that grabs way down low now, and i mean it GRABS!

i also had to get a new drive shaft built, i twisted the spline in the spicer chromoly yoke... AGAIN! on with the billet Strange slip yoke. i hope i don't twist these splines, after this weekend i plan on yanking the shaft and having the slip yoke cryogenically frozen like i did to the trans parts.

well g'nite to all! only thing left other than goin' back to race mode is bigger jets... don't worry Roman I wouldn't let you go into "uncharted territory" alone

any of you guys goin to grand bend this weekend? if so c u there!

bring on windsor day!!!

------------------
MY car featured:

www.bmrfabrication.com.htm

1996 Camaro SS A.R.E 398
11.36@120.35mph, NA
10.14@135.11mph N2O(no more excuses )
Best 60' 1.375
Best mph: 135.11mph

oh yeah also an 80 Camaro, an 98 Ram Sport, the latest addition a 94Z28, w/T-Tops!

"...i wish i was the full moon shining off a Camaro's hood..."
P.J.