Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

VATS question

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 09:09 PM

VATS question

hey guys
how many times does ur horn goes off when u arm the alarm?

mine used to go off twice (beep beep) when i armed it..
now it only beeps once
not too worried about it or should i be?.....im just not used to it

anybody have any kind of input on that
thanks
bobby
Old 04-28-2004, 11:56 PM

well...i was playing with my radio....not stock......then i put my radio back in........so im driving and i hit a bump and i notice my interior lights flickered......so i assumed that one of my wire were touching from the radio.....took the radio out neatly taped the wre so that they werent just lying around.....took it for a ride ....same problem,,.,,when i arm my car the horn beeps once ....which indicates somthings "on:

can somebody help me out or give me a clue.....is there anything behind the radio that has to do with the interiors??

also posting in audio section
Old 04-29-2004, 10:25 PM

Well, I just went through the interior wiring on a 94. They put the new dash in between the 94 and 97 so I don't know if anything's the same. But on my 94 I had a little gray wire in the radio harness. That was the "Lights on" input for the stock radio. I haven't installed too many aftermarket radios, but those I have installed don't seem to have a use for the "lights on" wire. Is it a possibility that you've wired that in there somewhere it shouldn't be? On the 94 that gray wire is bundled with EVERY interior light that comes on when you flip the switch, guages, ac, shift indicator, etc. with the exception of the dome lights. I have no idea how the security system works with all that. You guys have a body control module (BCM). -will
Old 04-30-2004, 01:42 PM

Originally posted by montytrmpt
Well, I just went through the interior wiring on a 94. They put the new dash in between the 94 and 97 so I don't know if anything's the same. But on my 94 I had a little gray wire in the radio harness. That was the "Lights on" input for the stock radio. I haven't installed too many aftermarket radios, but those I have installed don't seem to have a use for the "lights on" wire. Is it a possibility that you've wired that in there somewhere it shouldn't be? On the 94 that gray wire is bundled with EVERY interior light that comes on when you flip the switch, guages, ac, shift indicator, etc. with the exception of the dome lights. I have no idea how the security system works with all that. You guys have a body control module (BCM). -will
hey man ....thanks for thetry but i already found out what had happened ......when playing with my radio i accidently hit the remote hatch release on my keychain and everyt time id hit a bump my htach would move up and down flickering the lights.....DOH! i felt like an idiot but it happens