Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

Tunercat Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 04:50 PM

Tunercat Help

I dont have a cat on my car, so i want to disable EGR and the air pump from the computer, but in tuner cats i am having trouble finding where i can do this. i am guessing the Crank AIR Select would be the air pump, but what about egr? also should i enable or disable the C.A.R.S. system? the current bin file i found had it disabled. thanks in advance.
Old 04-02-2005, 08:11 PM

Re: Tunercat Help

Originally Posted by titter
I dont have a cat on my car, so i want to disable EGR and the air pump from the computer, but in tuner cats i am having trouble finding where i can do this. i am guessing the Crank AIR Select would be the air pump, but what about egr? also should i enable or disable the C.A.R.S. system? the current bin file i found had it disabled. thanks in advance.
After you have removed the EGR and AIR, go locate the ecm switches and scroll down and uncheck the DTCs relating to them. Then find the EGR spark correction table and "0" out the fields. Lastly go to the ECM constants and again find EGR.. set the min/max enable rpm to its maximum value. CARS is the same thing as CAGS so if you have a 6spd and dont like being locked out of 2nd gear around town then leave it disabled.
Old 04-02-2005, 08:44 PM

Re: Tunercat Help

thanks, i havent removed them from the car, but i dont have a cat, so the airpump is basically just wasting time heating up nothing.