Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

TTS Daamaster And Windows 10

Old 03-12-2016, 06:24 AM

TTS Daamaster And Windows 10

Hello, is anybody with Windows 10 having a problem trying to communicate with the PCM. I can't seem to get it to work, I'm using a serial to usb cable along with the proper tuning cable and the only com port that shows up is com 4, then when I try to set a .umi file it doesn't save it to the Datamaster folder and no parameters show up when I put the key to on, also it say's that its recycling com ports, this is very frustrating to say the least. Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Scott
Old 03-12-2016, 06:44 AM
Prominent Member

Location: Born on the Florida West Coast, now where can I retire?
Re: TTS Daamaster And Windows 10

Does com port 4 only appear when you have the cable plugged in to the pc? That would be normal. If it's there all the time and no new port appears when it's plugged in, then the cable isn't working. What kind of cable is it? Windows 10 does not easily let you turn off automatic driver downloads and the newest FTDI driver for the cables does not wok with cloned chips in the cable. Otherwise i don't think there is any difference from an earlier Windows version of 7 or 8.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:50 AM

Thanks Gary for your reply, the cable is an ADM cable male ALDL to female RS232. As you said, there is no driver that could be updated for the communication to work? I can't see the cable crapping out like that, it worked fine before I upgraded to W10. Now I do have a serial nine pin to usb I'm also using, could that cable be bad?
Old 03-12-2016, 08:51 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by sscott
Hello, is anybody with Windows 10 having a problem trying to communicate with the PCM. I can't seem to get it to work, I'm using a serial to usb cable along with the proper tuning cable and the only com port that shows up is com 4, then when I try to set a .umi file it doesn't save it to the Datamaster folder and no parameters show up when I put the key to on, also it say's that its recycling com ports, this is very frustrating to say the least. Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Scott
Gary is too modest. I like his Scan9495 software a lot more than Datamaster. Check the "sticky" thread at the top of this forum.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:35 AM

Wow, scan9495 is a good program. I found one DTC; 48 MAF sensor circuit does this mean my MAF is starting to go or does it need to be cleaned?

Last edited by sscott; 03-12-2016 at 09:38 AM.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:53 AM

Here's a quick update scan9495 stored the code 48 maf sensor circuit, but the messed up part is that the ses light isn't illuminated on the dash, now when I run the car there is a slight stumble does the maf need to be cleaned or do I need a new maf? Also, when I ran it on the highway last week it stumbled when I let off on the gas and the ses light came on and then it went out this did it a couple of times on my way home.

Last edited by sscott; 03-12-2016 at 09:55 AM.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:05 PM
Prominent Member

Location: Born on the Florida West Coast, now where can I retire?

The code indicates an electrical problem, either with the connector or the sensor itself. I doubt cleaning will help, as the code tells you that the pcm is receiving no signals from the sensor. If the sensor was dirty, there would still be signals, just not accurate ones.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Does your SES light come on for a few seconds with all the other warning lamps when you turn the key to "run"?

When DTC 48 sets, the PCM defaults to the speed-density method to calculate the mass air flow. With your extensive mods, if the volumetric efficiency (VE) tables haven't been updated correctly, it could explain the stumble.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:25 AM

Hey Guys, I've been searching and this seems to be the closest I can get to my question. I have tuner cat, data master, scan9495 and one called EEhack I'm not sure about. I'm just getting into tuning and could really use your help. I have it running pretty good but I'm still a little confused.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:10 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Anarchy71
Hey Guys, I've been searching and this seems to be the closest I can get to my question. I have tuner cat, data master, scan9495 and one called EEhack I'm not sure about. I'm just getting into tuning and could really use your help. I have it running pretty good but I'm still a little confused.
To get help, please start your own thread. This thread isn't the correct place to post, unless you are trying to help "sscott" with his issues.

You may want to include more details on what you are looking for - scanning help, interpreting the scan, basic tuning tutorials, any specific problem you are trying to sort out, etc.

Fred / Moderator
Old 03-15-2016, 09:28 AM

My apologies,,