Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

Quick Tunercat question

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 03:56 PM

Quick Tunercat question

Looking at the LT1 Pro Tuning kit on the website, it says DataMaster is included in the purchase price of $254.95. I assume that you are provided with the authorization code for unlimited use, considering the price is a hundred bucks higher than the package that excludes Datamaster. Am I correct? Woulda posed this to them directly, but the site says they are closed for a few days.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:01 AM

Pretty sure you're correct...

Why not do an OBD 1 swap for 100 bucks and tune AND datalog unlimited, for free...
Old 06-17-2010, 05:22 AM
Administrator

The car in his signature that he still owns is already OBD-I, and DataMaster only works with OBD-I. The "Pro Tuning" kit is a TunerCat OBD-I package.

Listing cars that are no longer owned can lead to a lot of confusion when people try to help. At least put the one you still own on top of the list, and maybe include a space/line before listing the cars you sold.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:27 AM

Gotcha, yeah sorry I just looked and saw 96.

OP, tunercats is nice, but no need to pay for it if all you want is a good tuning / datalogging solution.

I've been tuning with Tunerpro RT V5 Beta for a couple months and have done several different cars with it. Works great.

The ONLY thing I have found so far that I cant display with it is Injector Duty Cycle. I'm currently working with mark and some guys on the forum to add that capability though.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:46 AM

Injuneer- I went ahead and dropped the old cars from my sig to avoid confusion. Thank you for pointing that out.

Gregrob- You mentioned free datalogging and tuning software. Where might I find the download and/or more info on it? I'm looking at Tunercat's Pro kit because I want the cable and Datamaster for diagnostics, and the Tunercat software for, well, tuning. Right now I'm having a few issues with the car, so datalogging is my main concern. I grabbed Freescan, but I understand it's a generic OBD1 scanner and not very comprehensive. Plus I'm waiting on my buddy's data cable.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:53 AM

Freescan sucks.

check out my original thread on it: https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...light=tunerpro

Let me know if you have questions.

Greg
Old 06-17-2010, 04:45 PM
sbs

Originally Posted by TD95Z
Looking at the LT1 Pro Tuning kit on the website, it says DataMaster is included in the purchase price of $254.95. I assume that you are provided with the authorization code for unlimited use, considering the price is a hundred bucks higher than the package that excludes Datamaster. Am I correct? Woulda posed this to them directly, but the site says they are closed for a few days.
I would just get the cable+tunercat kit, and use the free datamaster trial to start with.

20 free scans goes farther than you think, and you can then evaluate whether you want to spend the extra $100.