Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

OBD2 laptop tuning software?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 09:53 PM

OBD2 laptop tuning software?

Anyone have any recommendations for obd2 tuning software?
I've used TunerCat for LT1's, TPIs, and Turbo Buicks for years, but their OBD2 software looks like its all by JetChips and doesn't appear to be on a laptop at all so it probably doesn't allow me to change the things I would want to change in the lifetime of my car.

Anything out there laptop based? For that matter any good laptop scan software, I bought one a few years ago and half of the things on it doesn't work, paid about $100 for it, all it does well is pull codes The interface sux..something like OBD2 scan or something.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:00 PM
Administrator

Re: OBD2 laptop tuning software?

JET DST runs on a laptop - even an ancient one:

Software Updates - JET Performance Products, Import & Domestic Performance, Performance Kits, Fuel Systems, Transmissions

While the DST program will run on virtually any PC running Windows 95 or later, we recommend the following minimum PC specifications:
Pentium 266
Windows 98
64 MB RAM
800 x 600 display resolution
20 MB free hard drive space
9 pin serial connector or 9 pin serial to USB adapter
Dynamic Spectrum Tuning:

JET offers a wide range of Dynamic Spectrum Tuners for your vehicle.

For more information about our selection of Dynamic Spectrum Tuners click here.

DYNAMIC SPECTRUM TUNERS - Designed for the performance enthusiast who wants total control of their vehicle's programming, the JET Dynamic Spectrum Tuner is a powerful tuning package. JET%u2019s DST software provides you with the tools needed for precise performance tuning using your laptop or PC. Use of this software will give you the ability to modify virtually every aspect of the vehicle%u2019s programming.

Stock programming from the vehicle is initially downloaded and saved to your PC using the supplied JET interface cable that connects to the vehicle%u2019s diagnostic port. The stock programming can be reloaded to the computer at any time to return the vehicle%u2019s ECU to its original state.

The comprehensive, easy to use software allows extensive modification to the vehicle%u2019s software. This allows control of fuel and spark tables, speed and rev limiters, transmission functions, torque management tables and many other functions. Modifications are made using detailed table and graph views for easy and accurate parameter editing. Your modifications are saved as a new file and downloaded to the vehicle%u2019s computer.

DST Gas Part # 14005 Programming Options Include:

Fuel parameters including power enrichment and volumetric efficiency
Ignition tables including spark advance versus load, knock retard and more
Transmission shift points, shift pressures, and TCC apply and release
Diagnostic tables including fuel and air, ignition and emissions controls
Speed calibration tables to correct speedometer and shift points
Idle controls, fan temperature settings and torque management tables
Raise or lower speed and rev limiters
Disable factory diagnostic trouble codes
Old 11-19-2012, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
JET DST runs on a laptop - even an ancient one
That's perfect cause all of mine are ancient I think I even have a few with Windows 95 still on them just for auto diagnostic stuff since most of the software is never updated..nor would I ever own a Win7 machine since all I have now is Apple. Heck, my GN software has to run in native DOS from the C prompt!
Thanks Fred, just what I was looking for, missed it on their website!
Old 01-05-2013, 11:35 PM

I just put my wifes blower motor in and need to tune it. I also have to tune my car and want to know if I should go with Jet over Tunercat.

I have LT1 edit but I bought it from a board member so when I called LT1 edit they wanted $450.00 to add a car to it because I did not buy it from them. The last thing I want to do is give them more money if this is the way they treat their customers.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Is the car you are tuning OBD-I or -II?

Tunercat now only sells their OBD-I software for the LT1. They sold/licensed their OBD-II tuning software to JET, which is now sold as the DST.

OBDII Tuner News!

C.A.T.S is pleased to announce that Jet Performance Products has licensed our OBDII Tuner program and as of April 25th 2006 will the exclusive distributor for the software under the product name JET Dynamic Spectrum Tuner.

The JET Dynamic Spectrum Tuner will have all the powerful features of the current OBDII Tuner plus a redesigned OBDII interface with a rugged metal enclosure. In addition JET Performance Products has the resources to provide continued product development and support for new vehicles as well as improved technical support.

The Dynamic Spectrum Tuner is available directly through JET Performance Products (JET Performance Products, Import & Domestic Performance, Performance Kits, Fuel Systems, Transmissions) or from any of their distributors and dealers so now you can purchase the software directly from your local auto parts distributor.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:21 PM

Thank you very much. OBD2. I ordered it.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:58 PM

Someone gave me a free copy of LT1 Edit several years ago and i didnt like it too much. The Jet software is just like TC so there was no learning curve there.