Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

need help guys..

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 08:53 PM

need help guys..

...i'd like to get my new tune loaded by friday(want to go to the track) problem is that i need a step by step walk through on it and i need the program to load my bin file that i got from madz28.com,if anyone can help me out it'd be great,i'm putting this out there b/c i'd like to get it loaded tomorrow and that'll give me time to do all the other crap to the car that i want to do,thanks
Old 05-04-2006, 08:40 AM

Re: need help guys..

Download WinFlash from TunerCats http://www.tunercat.com/tnr_desc/do_tc.html
1. Make sure you have everything in the background of your laptop disabled including screensavers, antivirus stuff, fire wall, everything and anything that could pop up and disrupt the computer while downloading the tune. Also make sure the car batt and the laptop batt has a full charge.

2. connect your cable, then start winflash. after running winflash go to the options and choose your comm port.

3. test it out by first reading your computer. Cant harm the ecm by reading it. Turn the key to the acc position and begin the read. Make sure your radio and anything that could drain the car batt is off.

4. If all is well on the read then choose to program and click the bin Ion gave you,

5. whatch it closely and follow the steps. after comunication is made stand by and dont do anything to the car or comp until it's complete.

6. when it tells you all was succesfull click out of the program and disconnect the cable

7. enjoy the new tune